WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

06/12/2019 10:06 AM  #1

New Signing

Ilkeston Town have signed Kieran Wells from Grantham Town. 26 year old Kieran has had spells at Handsworth Paramore, Basford United, Long Eaton United, Stamford and Hednesford Town. Having seem him play at Basford I would describe him as an out and out goalscorer, something we have been missing since Elliott Reeves left to join Margate. Kieran scored in Grantham Town's recent abandoned game against Matlock Town. Kieran is a larger than life character who in my opinion will be popular with the Ilson faithful. A good signing.

06/12/2019 11:38 AM  #2

Re: New Signing

WhiteBallProject wrote:

Ilkeston Town have signed Kieran Wells from Grantham Town. 26 year old Kieran has had spells at Handsworth Paramore, Basford United, Long Eaton United, Stamford and Hednesford Town. Having seem him play at Basford I would describe him as an out and out goalscorer,

something we have been missing since Elliott Reeves left to join Margate. Kieran scored in Grantham Town's recent abandoned game against Matlock Town. Kieran is a larger than life character who in my opinion will be popular with the Ilson faithful. A good signing.

But can he head a ball ?

06/12/2019 5:32 PM  #3

We will just play it in to feet if he can't! To be honest Elliott Reeves rarely  if ever scored with his head. If he scores regularly I don't care what he puts it in with.
So in answer to your question probably not because the crosses will be all too high or straight at the keeper!!

10/12/2019 10:25 AM  #4

Robins Move for Well-Travelled Striker

BetVictor Northern Premier League Division One SouthEast club Ilkeston Town have announced the signing of striker Kieran Wells.

The 26-year-old is a powerful, well-travelled striker who joined Southern Premier Division Central club Hednesford Town in January from Spalding United and signed dual forms with Northern Premier League Premier Division outfit Grantham Town in November.

He started out with local Nottinghamshire sides Blidworth Welfare, Ollerton Town, Gedling Miners Welfare, Dunkirk, Rainworth Miners Welfare and Eastwood Town. 

He stepped up to the Northern Premier firstly with Belper Town in 2014 and has since had spells with Heanor Town, Long Eaton United, Handsworth Parramore, Basford United, Stamford AFC, AFC Mansfield and Spalding, who he signed for in December 2018.

10/12/2019 11:45 AM  #5

Wow! He's had more clubs then Jack Nicholas! Its took him a while but I think he's found his true home at last.

10/12/2019 1:28 PM  #6

WhiteBallProject wrote:

Wow! He's had more clubs then Jack Nicholas! Its took him a while but I think he's found his true home at last.

Mmmmm makes you wonder .

Board footera