WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

28/12/2019 9:40 AM  #1

Current form

Despite several new signings to strengthen the squad, Ilkeston are experiencing a disastrous spell of results losing 5 of their last 6 matches.

Looking at the Football Web Pages form table over the last six matches, Ilkeston are bottom of the pile with  just 3 points. Leek and Stamford are top with 16 points followed closely by Frickley with 15 points, Kidsgrove with 14 points and Sutton Coldfield with 13 points. 

The predicted final table has Ilkeston ending the season in 9th place, 15 points adrift of the final playoff position.

Martin Carruthers needs to stop the rot quickly if we aren't to slip into the bottom half of the table. No one expected promotion at the start of the season but following our good start, fans are now feeling disappointed. 

Realistically, the next two matches against Belper and Stamford are unlikely to produce wins so we may well slide below halfway on 4th January.

If we could pull off a win or a draw at Belper it would really lift spirits before the Stamford game. Our luck has to change and I have a feeling we might spring a surprise.

A Carlton official said to me after the Boxing Day game  "Why are you struggling. On paper Ilkeston have probably the best team in the League". He also said  "Why are you ripping up the pitch. Everyone says this is the best pitch in the league. All Clubs like coming here.)

Last edited by Matchman (28/12/2019 3:19 PM)

28/12/2019 10:36 AM  #2

Re: Current form

Yes on paper we look really good but it just proves that it doesn't always work. I have put on twitter that some players need to have a serious look at them selves.
If you ask any Ilson fan they love to keep to grass pitch but if the club needs to survive it's got to go down the artificial grass route.

28/12/2019 11:02 AM  #3

I think your right Kev the grass pitch is the envy of the league but if we want to avoid having the usual financial issues the Football Club need to generate more income. A 4G pitch will go along way to ensuring the financial security that the club have been lacking since Paul Millership passed on.

29/12/2019 12:07 AM  #4

Matchman wrote:

Despite several new signings to strengthen the squad, Ilkeston are experiencing a disastrous spell of results losing 5 of their last 6 matches.

Looking at the Football Web Pages form table over the last six matches, Ilkeston are bottom of the pile with  just 3 points. Leek and Stamford are top with 16 points followed closely by Frickley with 15 points, Kidsgrove with 14 points and Sutton Coldfield with 13 points. 

The predicted final table has Ilkeston ending the season in 9th place, 15 points adrift of the final playoff position.

Martin Carruthers needs to stop the rot quickly if we aren't to slip into the bottom half of the table. No one expected promotion at the start of the season but following our good start, fans are now feeling disappointed. 

Realistically, the next two matches against Belper and Stamford are unlikely to produce wins so we may well slide below halfway on 4th January.

If we could pull off a win or a draw at Belper it would really lift spirits before the Stamford game. Our luck has to change and I have a feeling we might spring a surprise.

A Carlton official said to me after the Boxing Day game  "Why are you struggling. On paper Ilkeston have probably the best team in the League". He also said  "Why are you ripping up the pitch. Everyone says this is the best pitch in the league. All Clubs like coming here.)

I've said this for bloody years.

You have the best pitch in the league all clubs love coming to Ilkeston

I've said it always goes against us. They come through that door and see a fantastic pitch. Bloody Wembley to some of them

30/12/2019 6:46 PM  #5

I don't think we can blame our current form on the pitch being too good! I think its more to do withe lack of pre season and the fact that it is our second squad this season. Its a season of transition and I must admit after our friendlies pre season I would have thought anything barring relegation would have been a bonus. To be really really honest I would have taken relegation and the club still existing because pre season I thought relegation was the least of our worries.
Anyway at Wembley I bet they don't get Donald in the car park!!

Board footera