WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

18/3/2020 9:53 PM  #1

Should he stay or should he go?

With the league in shutdown and it looks like we might not kick a ball again this season.

It time to play football manager in the should he stay or should he go.

He stay:-

Ross durrett
Billy Bennett
Joe maguire
Reco fyfe
Tom Marshall
Cullingworth
Kieron wells

The rest of the can go

18/3/2020 10:43 PM  #2

Re: Should he stay or should he go?

Alex wrote:

With the league in shutdown and it looks like we might not kick a ball again this season.

Ross durrant
Billy Bennett
Joe maguire
Reco fyfe
Tom Marshall
Cullingworth
Kieron wells

The rest of the can go

Alex  -  I don't disagree with any of your choices to stay but I would hope some of the others might stay

Fabian Smith                                 -     In my opinion a challenger to Ross Durrant for Player of the Year
Fernando Bell-Toxtle                    -    After a slow start now beginning to show how good he can be
Kole Lambert and Mason Lee     -    Not finished articles yet but given time I think they both will come good.

19/3/2020 10:08 AM  #3

If the season ever finishes, you’d probably say Leek and Stamford to be promoted. So how many of our players would get in the Leek team or the Stamford team? I think Ross Durrant, Joe Maguire, and Kieron Wells would be contenders.

I think you get a bit sentimental over certain players because you get to know the players and you’ve seen what they’ve done for the club and you get to like them and so you try to make a case for them staying on. The 3 in this category for me would be Fabian Smith, Reco Fyfe, and Billy Bennett.

For me, the rest wouldn’t make it into the first team squad. If you wanted to keep some of the youngsters on and play them in the second team to see if they grow and progress, fine.

19/3/2020 10:20 AM  #4

With Ilkeston Town winning three out of their last four games it means the team has hit a run of form. The team appear to have a good shape at the moment and some players who have struggled are bit now are now starting to show what they are capable of. I believe the only player certain to be here next season would be Joe Maguire as he is I believe on contract so the rest of the squad will be up for grabs. I presume the management had started their rebuilding for next season as soon as it became less likely we would be going up this season. They must have some targets in mind that they have been watching who will not have been available mid season. As a result the question of who stays could depend on whether there is someone better to replace them.
The big problem with the scenario is that we do not know for certain whether this season is definitely over!!

19/3/2020 12:07 PM  #5

Trowell Nicky wrote:

If the season ever finishes, you’d probably say Leek and Stamford to be promoted. So how many of our players would get in the Leek team or the Stamford team? I think Ross Durrant, Joe Maguire, and Kieron Wells would be contenders.

I think you get a bit sentimental over certain players because you get to know the players and you’ve seen what they’ve done for the club and you get to like them and so you try to make a case for them staying on. The 3 in this category for me would be Fabian Smith, Reco Fyfe, and Billy Bennett.

For me, the rest wouldn’t make it into the first team squad. If you wanted to keep some of the youngsters on and play them in the second team to see if they grow and progress, fine.

Nicky  -  You know me too well.  

One ex Ilkeston player I 'd like to return  is Montel Gibson . He's been banging in the goals for Halesowen.

19/3/2020 4:29 PM  #6

Matchman wrote:

Alex wrote:

Ross durrant
Billy Bennett
Joe maguire
Reco fyfe
Tom Marshall
Cullingworth
Kieron wells

The rest of the can go

Alex  -  I don't disagree with any of your choices to stay but I would hope some of the others might stay

Fabian Smith                                 -     In my opinion a challenger to Ross Durrant for Player of the Year
Fernando Bell-Toxtle                    -    After a slow start now beginning to show how good he can be
Kole Lambert and Mason Lee     -    Not finished articles yet but given time I think they both will come good.

I can see were you coming from mate but Fabian is 35 now and fernando travel is to far for a non league player at this standard.

But I'm sorry about Kole and mason not got for me. I think the young lad who has come on as a sub is better option for us

Board footera