WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

24/8/2020 6:22 PM  #151

Re: Looking forward to next season

CHARLIE JEMSON SIGNS  24 August 2020

Worksop Town have signed centre-half Charlie Jemson after a successful trial period with the Tigers.Jemson, who spent eight years in the youth set-up at Nottingham Forest, has stated that he is delighted to be joining the Tigers and is looking forward to adapting to Craig Parry’s style of play.The defender said: “I am buzzing to join; it is a new owner and a new gaffer, and the coaching staff seem proper clued up with what they want to do.

“There seems to be a real buzz around the place and I feel like the club is on the up, and that they are going places with the way they want to play and the way that they want to train, and when the season starts, they’ll be right up there.

“Craig knows what he wants to do, he is focused on the attack and goals will win you games, so being a defender that style of play can leave you exposed at times, but he believes that we put teams to bed early with how we attack.

“I feel like as a team, we are a collective who will work around it and hopefully we will always be on the front foot and attacking, so that the defending will sort itself out.

“He knows exactly how he wants us to play and he is straight-talking. We have a good team here and everyone gets along, so it is good to be here.”

Jemson impressed in Worksop’s friendly victories over the club’s Under-21s, Parkgate FC and Emley AFC.

The 21-year-old believes that he performed well during those games, giving fans an insight into his style of play. Jemson also spoke about how despite his young age, his experience will help the side next season.

“In those games I thought I did well and I think it has gone well so far,” stated Jemson.

“I have dropped down a league because I was in and out of the side last year and I just want to get back to playing and playing well.

“With how I play, I like to think that I wear my heart on my sleeve, I will be aggressive, and I will try and win tackles.

“I do like to play with the ball at my feet, but I know that if you overdo it at the back then it could prove to be costly because it can lead to a goal.

“I was in the youth team at Forest which gave me a good upbringing, but jumping into men’s football at 18 was a whole different ball game.

“It is a lot more physical and the style of play is more direct and you have to be more dominant in the air, so it was a bit of a shock to me at the start.

“In my first season at Ilkeston, we got promoted. I then got a move to Tamworth in the league above and I have spent the past few seasons there, so I know what that level is about,

“Still being 21, I feel like playing in that division has put me in good ground to come into this league and do well.

”Welcome to Sandy Lane, Charlie! 

Last edited by Matchman (24/8/2020 6:24 PM)

24/8/2020 10:21 PM  #152

really good signing that 

02/9/2020 9:40 PM  #153

Tonight (2nd Sep) Leek Town beat Nantwich Town 2-1

Watch the highlights by clicking below

https://youtu.be/7kXdCUVO6hI

**************

FA CUP Extra Preliminary Round results :

Carlton scraped through their FA Cuo match with Loughborough University

Score after 90 minutes  :  Carlton Town  1  Loughborough University  1    Carlton win 4-2 on penalties

Meanwhile Spalding United are knocked out ofthe FA Cup by Barton Town
Spalding United  1  Barton Town  3

Barton Town advanced to the next round of the FA Cup with three goals in five minutes to win 3-1. Spalding took the lead after five minutes with a nice finish from Scott Floyd. It looked like a goal would never come for Barton before Josh Batty equalized with a volley on 82 minutes. Ben Hinchliffe gave Barton the lead on 85 minutes before Grant Tait scored from 35 yards out on 87 minutes

Last edited by Matchman (03/9/2020 9:32 AM)

14/9/2020 7:58 AM  #154

The opening league game of the 2020-21 season is now less than a week away and our supporters will be enjoying a trip  to Cleethorpes. While Ilkeston were beating Shepshed in the FA Cup , Cleethorpes were losing to AFC Mansfield. That defeat will ensure that Cleethorpes will be doubly determined to make amends when they play against us.
Ilkeston met Cleethorpes in the opening game of last season and it ended 0-0.

Here is the Cleethorpes v AFC Mansfield match report :

CLEETHORPES TOWN 0 AFC MANSFIELD 1      BY DAVID SIMPSON

EARLY FA CUP EXIT FOR THE OWLS

NCEL outfit AFC Mansfield caused a shock on Saturday afternoon at The Myenergi Stadium by claiming a 1-0 win. Lynton Karkach headed come the only goal of the tie as early as the 4th minute.

No surprise that after last week’s superb 5-0 demolition of Gainsborough Trinity, Dave Smith decided to opt for the same starting XI. The side lined-up as follows:
Goal: Theo Richardson
Defence: Sam Topliss, Paul Walker, Michael Jacklin, Caine Winfarrah
Midfield: Curtis Bateson, Liam Dickens, Conor Marshall, Jon Oglesby
Attack: Ross Hannah, Scott Vernon (c)Subs: Heath Richardson (gk), Jack Boswell, Oli Donald, Harry Middleton, Rieves Boocock

Expectation was high amongst the home faithful, but the favourites got a rude awakening as the Bulls claimed the initiative in the first meaningful action. Lynton Karkach headed the underdogs ahead, to the delight of the travelling fans from Nottinghamshire.

There was almost an immediate response though. Central defender Walker was left cursing his luck as his header hit the inside of the post and went to safety.This set the tone for a highly frustrating day. Clee had the bulk of possession and chances, but Mansfield defended gamely throughout, with keeper Warhurst outstanding.

With the break approaching, there were huge appeals for a penalty. Vernon was crudely tripped right on the edge of the box. However, the assistant ruled that it was a free-kick. Oglesby curled the award delightfully over the wall, but Warhurst made a notable one-handed save at full stretch.

HT Cleethorpes Town 0 AFC Mansfield 1 (Karkach 4)

The action after the half-time interval was largely one-way traffic. Nevertheless, for all their endeavour, the Owls could not find the leveller.

Bateson shot a yard off-target and then Jacklin somehow headed wide from no more than 3-yards out, with the goal at his mercy.

Mansfield sensed they could claim a slice of Cup glory and resisted stoutly. Nevertheless, Clee continued to press and a golden chance to take the match to penalties arrived in the first minute of added time. Sub Donald ghosted into plenty of space but pulled his effort wide of the far post.

FT Cleethorpes Town 0 AFC Mansfield 1 (Karkach 4) Attendance: 238

We start our Pitching In Northern Premier League South-East Division campaign at home next Saturday. Ilkeston Town are the visitors and kick-off is 3pm.

Last edited by Matchman (14/9/2020 8:02 AM)

18/9/2020 6:57 AM  #155

Only one day to go before the start of the Northern Premier League season so this topic will be coming to a natural end.

Thank you to those who contributed during the long 6 month period of no football and thank you to all of the people who follow WhiteBall.

18/9/2020 8:08 AM  #156

Better get my post in quick then....
Really looking forward to going to the  Cleethorpes game tomorrow. Will we have a chance of winning the game ? Of course .BUT I am still a little tad worried about our leaky defence pre season especially the Newark game where we didn't even score ! Yes I agree it's only a pre season game but....
A massive test tomorrow and against Stamford our first home game, these two games one tell us how far we are. I know it shouldn't but......
Going to be feel weird not able to sing at the game as well.

18/9/2020 9:44 AM  #157

It's true that we could hardly have had a more difficult opening two games. Cleethorpes were third last season and Stamford second. I also agree that the 4-0 defeat at Newark was the most worrying. We never got going in that game.
However when it mattered against Shepshed we played much better. 
The Cleethorpes match is going to be brilliant. We're going to have near on a hundred fans making the journey and cheering us on. If that doesn't motivate the team, nothing will. The atmosphere at the ground will be intense. It's not going to be easy but I think we can win it. 

18/9/2020 3:41 PM  #158

A bit gutted we haven't got a new flag/banner ....

23/9/2020 9:49 PM  #159

Basford Chairman apologises for poor start

Basford 0 Warrington  2
Chasetown  2  Basford  1

Chris Munroe[/url] [url=https://twitter.com/chrismunroe52]@chrismunroe52
Personally we let our fans down last night & know all @Basfordutdfc have took this to heart. But the groups good & we must not loose sight players have had a horrendous long layoff so will take a few intense games to get up to speed. But we are excited about this groups prospects  

Chris Munroe[/url] [url=https://twitter.com/chrismunroe52]@chrismunroe52
Just confirming not the start we @Basfordutdfc hoped for but very upbeat & in good spirits. NPL Premier is a marathon not a sprint & in 2017-18 took as 4 games to win our 1st.  FACup not won a tie in 3 years so we don't budget ,but we expect a big response from our senior players.

Last edited by Matchman (23/9/2020 9:52 PM)

25/9/2020 5:22 PM  #160

NHS COVID-19 App At All Games

All NPL clubs are now required by law to use the new NHS Covid-19 app.
New NHS QR posters - specific to each club - will be displayed to offer a quick, simple and secure way for supporters and visitors to register that they’ve been to the ground.
This will help NHS Test and Trace to identify and notify people who may have been exposed to the virus.
Players, spectators, coaches, match officials, staff / volunteers and all other visitors to the site aged 16 and above must provide their details.
The app is available on Android and iOS - details here: https://covid19.nhs.uk/help-downloading.html

Clubs must also retain a backup manual paper system, for those who do not have an appropriate smartphone to scan the code.
The NHS COVID-19 app has a feature that allows users to quickly and easily ‘check in’ to a venue by scanning the code.
The information stays on the user’s phone. In England, you do not have to ask people who choose to ‘check in’ using the official NHS QR code to provide their contact details.
If there is an outbreak associated with a venue, a message will be sent to the relevant app users with the necessary public health advice.
This will help to avoid the reintroduction of further lockdown measures.
In addition to maintaining and sharing records where requested and displaying an official NHS QR poster, everyone must also continue to follow other Government guidance to minimise the transmission of COVID-19. This includes maintaining a safe working environment and following social distancing guidelines.
Clubs have all been issued with an updated FAQ and COVID-19 guidance from the FA via the league.  

Last edited by Matchman (25/9/2020 5:23 PM)

09/10/2020 8:55 AM  #161

Following checks by the FA and police at recent matches, the Club have been ordered to implement the following new measures commencing Tuesday 13th October at the FA Cup match against Alvechurch.

Please adhere to the below. If we don't, we could face a crowd ban. 

IMPORTANT MATCHDAY INFORMATION      Oct 9, 2020

In the last few days, the club have received confirmation that the COVID legislation currently in place for the hospitality sector in respect of alcohol sales, is being enforced at non-league and grassroots football stadiums across the country. Despite considerable efforts by us all at the club, significant expense creating and implementing a risk assessment to help keep us all safe, we, unfortunately, have no choice but to stop selling alcohol to any person not seated at a table within our stadium. As you can appreciate this will have a considerable effect on our income revenue, but the alternative punishment for not following such legislation would be nothing short of catastrophic for the club. With this in mind, we hope you can judge the decisions made by the club in re-structuring match days with a level of understanding and realise that all we are trying to achieve is a smooth navigation through an extremely testing time. Our priority has and always will be the safety and welfare of our supporters, the heartbeat of our wonderful club. We strongly believe the following plans to be implemented from Tuesday evening not only achieve this, but also help ensure the club remains unaffected by the daily challenges we now face. 

Matchday information:

Attendance remains at 400 supporters

Entrance fee
£9 Adults
£7 concession Including children U16 

The existing bar and lounge will be offered as a VIP area with televised sports, draft ales, waited service with food and drink available to your table and a guaranteed reserved seat from the time the turnstiles open until an hour after the game or 10pm whichever is sooner.
The charge for this is £5 per person and is payable at the entrance to this area. A face mask will be required to enter the building and can only be removed once seated
Additional seating will be available in the adjoining academy classrooms where supporters will be seated and served at their table. This is on a first-come-first-served basis. This area is free to enter and will have canned and bottled beer available to purchase directly from our licensed bar, bought directly to you to consume whilst seated. Once again, a face mask will be required to enter the building and can only be removed once seated. We will fully understand supporter’s frustration regarding these matters, but also realise the clubs’ current position, the safety and welfare of supporters and staff, along with trying to maintain our competitiveness is crucial.
Anyone not adhering to the legislation in place and who are caught drinking alcohol in other areas of the premises will be removed from the stadium immediately.

Last edited by Matchman (09/10/2020 9:02 AM)

Board footera