WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

28/5/2020 10:22 PM  #1

Jamie Walker

Jamie Walker has joined Long Eaton United after a brief loan spell at Ilkeston Town last season.

29/5/2020 8:17 AM  #2

Re: Jamie Walker

It's a bit surprising that he's dropped down to non-league step 5 after wanting to move up to step 3 with Basford. The Basford move didn't work out for him for whatever reason and it seemed to knock his confidence. Jamie is a good player and I think he could have done a job for us as a wide man but obviously he's gone to Long Eaton because of Deaks. He is a talented player with terrific skill who can play at 3 or 11. His ability and goals made him a fan's favourite at Ilkeston and he will be the same at Long Eaton. 

29/5/2020 9:37 AM  #3

Yep, one of my favourites. What a sweet left foot. I did see him play one of the games at Basford and he certainly struggled in that game. Maybe not quite good enough to make it at step 3. And yes, it looked like his confidence had taken a knock when he came back to us last year; he just didn’t look the same player we’d had the previous season. Oh well, good luck Jamie.

29/5/2020 1:08 PM  #4

I watched him once at Basford when he came on as a sub playing in his usual attacking left wing back position and he looked very dangerous going forward. In fact I thought he had developed as a player at Basford but obviously he did not fit into their shape of play. He will do well at Long Eaton with a manager (Deans) who knows how to get the best from him and I would expect him to yet again produce match winning displays. He is a very gifted player but if he has a weakness it could be his work when he has not got the ball.
However I do believe he has been Ilkeston's most important player since reformation in 2017!

29/5/2020 3:00 PM  #5

Agree with you guys about Jamie . He's a great player but step 3 not so sure . One game I felt gutted for him was Worcester away . They knew he was good but their left back and centre back got away with murder having a go at him , not just physically but verbally as well . It was disgusting to hear in the second half. I was going mad at the two players but they just laughed. Poor Jamie went into a shell for the rest of the game.

31/5/2020 7:46 PM  #6

Well I'm going to go against the grain

Think he took the piss a bit when he was on loan to us.

Good luck to the lad but I don't think he's good enough for step 4

01/6/2020 3:36 PM  #7

I think when Jamie returned to Ilkeston on loan I think he missed playing in front of Billy Bennett on the left. We also Campbell Gordon who was also am attacking left sided player and to an extent he was playing in Jamies met effective position. they do say you should never go back to the scene of past glories and maybe that was true for Jamie. I think he is definitely good enough for step four but did not fit into our system at step four when he returned. if he had never been let go by Nick Hawkins and Alan Hardy it might have been very different story. Then again we might have also still had many others still st the club who could have done a job at step four.

Board footera