WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

13/10/2020 8:41 PM  #31

Re: NextUp Alvechurch : Tue 11 Oct 20 - FA Cup 3rdQ.Round - Live Updates

Chance for Ricco Spencer but he tries to pass. Should have had a go himself and crowned an impressive performance.   ......Come on ref, blow the whistle  .   1-0   90 +4 minutes

Last edited by Matchman (14/10/2020 11:18 AM)

13/10/2020 8:45 PM  #32

Last chance free kick for Alvechurch.   

Full time      ILKESTON TOWN  1  ALVECHURCH  0   

Cracking Second Half and great result for the Robins.  The crowd behind the goal await their heroes

13/10/2020 8:47 PM  #33

Wonderful scenes here at the NMG.

13/10/2020 8:52 PM  #34

Full time scores in our league :

Carlton Town  1  Stamford  1
Cleethorpes  3  Spalding Utd  1
Frickley Athletic  1 Sheffield  2
Kidsgrove  3  Market Drayton  0
Lincoln United  2  Wisbech  0
Loughborough D  2  Glossop 1
Stocksbridge  4  Belper 3
Worksop  2 Sutton Coldfield  4

FA Cup 3rd qualifying round results :

Guisley 2 Matlock  0
St Albans beat Mickleover on penalties
Alfreton have withdrawn due to covid.

So Ilkeston Town are the sole Derbyshire team in the 4th Qualifying Round.

Last edited by Matchman (13/10/2020 11:31 PM)

14/10/2020 6:57 AM  #35

After a dour first half with both sides sussing the other out a great goal sparked the game into life

Despite missing Watson and then Zak from half time we coped well. Tbh Alvechurch were tidy but no more. Their 8 was about the only player I’d have wanted for our squad and they took him off!

Couple of late scares but comfortable winners if you can ever be comfortable at one nil. Northern pyramid is generally stronger than the midland/ south versions and this showed last night. They didn’t look like a level above

Magnificent team effort. My MOM Joe Wilson who just gets better & better

Hopefully Nat & Zak are fit for Saturday. We should beat Kempston but no room for complacency

14/10/2020 8:57 AM  #36

Tueday 13th October 2020  :  FA Cup 3rd Qualifying Round
Ilkeston Town  1  Alvechurch  0
A 25 yard thunderbolt from Ollie Brown-Hill two minutes into the second half was enough to see Ilkeston advance further in the FA Cup on a special night at the New Manor Ground. It was a game of two totally different halves. The first half was a stalemate with neither side looking like scoring, whereas the second half was full of attacking play and both sides going flat out to win the game. Alvechurch started brightly and Joe Wilson did well to stop an early counter attack when outnumbered. On 22 minutes Jamie Wakeling got free but hastily fired wide. At the other end, Ollie Brown-Hill went down in the Alvechurch penalty area but nothing was given. In first half added time Alex Troke struck Ilkeston’s first shot on target but keeper, Jonathan Brown saved low down. 
After the dearth of chances in the first half, the second half exploded into life with Brown-Hill’s terrific opener. The visitors were stung into retaliation and had two efforts blocked by Ilkeston defenders. James Reid fired just over then Brown made a fine save from Kieran Fenton’s header. Fenton then headed wide following great ball in from Academy player, Ricco Spencer who was enjoying success down the right flank. Next, Jack Thomas had a couple of efforts on goal, one of which the keeper couldn’t hold on to. Wakeling had a decent opportunity for Alvechurch but put his shot wide with Ross Durrant off his line. Rather than trying to defend their lead, Ilkeston pressed relentlessly for a second. Troke and Brown-Hill had further chances and Thomas rolled the ball temptingly across the face of the Alvechurch goal with no one there to take advantage. Ilkeston always looked the more likely to score but as the tie drew to a close there were a few nervy moments when Durrant was called into action. Ilkeston deserved their win and have now gone eight matches unbeaten since the start of the season.   

14/10/2020 11:31 AM  #37

I was up till 2 am doing the match report and NPL Round Up for the programme and I've never felt better. I was buzzing; re-living every moment of the game and the incredible atmosphere. What a team, what a performance by every player and what amazing support from the fans. 

It's a great time to follow Ilkeston Town.

Last edited by Matchman (14/10/2020 11:36 AM)

14/10/2020 12:25 PM  #38

And I thought I was sad staying up till midnight updating the stats in the programme for the Saturday game and yes reliving to be honest just the second half as I would have had no problem getting to sleep if I had tried to relive the first half.
My MoM was Joe Wilson closely followed by Ollie Brown-Hill then James Reid, Jack Thomas and the rest of the defensive unit! It was an excellent win but I can't help feeling they lacked a bit of passion second half. it was almost that our second half performance and crowd support overwhelmed them.
The issue now is the next round and do we want a big National League club (If they are in it yet!) at home or do we want a winnable game and a chance to entertain a Football League club like Sunderland at the NMG! (I am dreaming now!)

14/10/2020 1:36 PM  #39

No contest for me

Lowest ranked club at home next. Even better Macclesfield so we get a bye

Loving the journey. Great night last night but wider than that there’s a real buzz round the place

14/10/2020 7:43 PM  #40

I was on here and Twitter last night ..Tell you now I have no bloody finger nails left . Did sound as if we could have killed the game off. I can't pick out our best player cuz I wasn't there but. I did hear great things about Ricco......
Gandi certainly gets my vote for putting in the young guys there really look like they can step into the mark in the first team.

14/10/2020 8:35 PM  #41

kevilsonlad wrote:

I was on here and Twitter last night ..Tell you now I have no bloody finger nails left . Did sound as if we could have killed the game off. I can't pick out our best player cuz I wasn't there but. I did hear great things about Ricco......
Gandi certainly gets my vote for putting in the young guys there really look like they can step into the mark in the first team.

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

I watched Ricco in the Under 19s game this afternoon (15 hours after playing for the first team)

There's no stopping him when he's playing for the Academy. He takes defenders on and has more shots at goal than anyone else. He's just oozing with confidence. 

Last night against Alvechurch, he had an opportunity and passed rather than having a go. The crowd were willing him to shoot and he wouldn't have thought twice about it in an Academy game.

I so wish he had taken the opportunity and scored against Alvechurch. The ground would have erupted.

Last edited by Matchman (14/10/2020 8:37 PM)

14/10/2020 9:21 PM  #42

Being really selfish I would like an away game so I don't have to do another programme as the computer crashed tonight just as I had nearly finished the Kempston programme. Its sorted now but my nerves are shredded!

Dick Durrant wrote:

No contest for me

Lowest ranked club at home next. Even better Macclesfield so we get a bye

Loving the journey. Great night last night but wider than that there’s a real buzz round the place

14/10/2020 9:43 PM  #43

I have been really impressed Joe Wilson looks soooo comfortable . Mitch I haven't really seen yet but again sounds a great prospect. What the owners are doing for this club is amazing ....

15/10/2020 8:26 AM  #44

The club seem to have a wealth of talent in the first team and in the younger ranks. CJ Dunkley in the U18s glides past players like they are not there! Very exciting! He does need to work on his final ball and his decision making but quite a prospect. These are good times and we need to take it all in before Covid restrictions kick in or don't kick in!

Board footera