WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/2/2024 9:04 AM  #1

Whitby deducted 3 points

WHITBY TOWN FC
CLUB STATEMENT: Ilkeston Town (A)

Liam Ryder 9 Feb - 20:30

Due to an administrative error ahead of the fixture at Ilkeston Town in August 2023, Whitby Town was guilty of fielding an ineligible player. Both the Northern Premier League and the FA, in accordance with standardised rules, have sanctioned the club with a fine and deduction of the three points gained in the fixture.

It took a long time to sort that out and the loss of three points will be a major blow to Whitby's playoff hopes.
Whitby now have 39 points instead of 42 and are now below Ilkeston in the table.

Last edited by Matchman (10/2/2024 9:11 AM)

10/2/2024 9:33 AM  #2

Re: Whitby deducted 3 points

Matchman wrote:

WHITBY TOWN FC
CLUB STATEMENT: Ilkeston Town (A)

Liam Ryder 9 Feb - 20:30

Due to an administrative error ahead of the fixture at Ilkeston Town in August 2023, Whitby Town was guilty of fielding an ineligible player. Both the Northern Premier League and the FA, in accordance with standardised rules, have sanctioned the club with a fine and deduction of the three points gained in the fixture.

It took a long time to sort that out and the loss of three points will be a major blow to Whitby's playoff hopes.
Whitby now have 39 points instead of 42 and are now below Ilkeston in the table.

Should have given us the three points

10/2/2024 9:55 AM  #3

Have I maybe misunderstood? It says "standardised rules" above, but I agree this does seem a bit unfair on Ilson - the slightly 'cheated-on' team. Whitby lose their three points but Ilkeston still get none. It's all the teams above Ilkeston that seem to have benefited slightly more. The game is gone, Whitby's win has effectively been penalised by the points deduction, and yet Ilson are still deemed to have lost it...

10/2/2024 10:51 AM  #4

plymrob wrote:

Have I maybe misunderstood? It says "standardised rules" above, but I agree this does seem a bit unfair on Ilson - the slightly 'cheated-on' team. Whitby lose their three points but Ilkeston still get none. It's all the teams above Ilkeston that seem to have benefited slightly more. The game is gone, Whitby's win has effectively been penalised by the points deduction, and yet Ilson are still deemed to have lost it...

That's how I see it .... Would we have won , drawn or lost game . Does seem like we have been hard done to ...

Board footera