WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

18/4/2024 10:02 AM  #1

Have Mickleover been deducted 12 points?

I was told that Mickleover had been deducted 12 points for fielding an ineligible player in four matches and there was a Club Statement on Mickleover's website. It's not on Mickleover website now so they must have taken it down. It's believed the player is Tyrell Waite

A newspaper local to Stamford saw the statement and published the below article.

Stamford see play-off hopes given major boost as rivals hit with 12 point deduction

Stamford AFC have seen their bid for a play-off place in the Southern League Premier Division Central given a major boost.
This comes as rivals Mickleover Sports- who did sit third on 75 points- have been given a 12-point deduction for fielding an ineligible player.
A statement from the club said: “7 days ago the club was charged by the league with fielding an ineligible player. The player was registered and showed as available on the league system.
“Despite this we have been deducted the maximum of 12 points. We are appealing the decision. "Everyone at the club is extremely disappointed with the decision as we feel we have followed league guidelines throughout.”
The deduction would move Mickleover down from third to sixth, level on 63 points with Stamford but ahead of them on goal difference. Fifth is the final play-off place, which would be occupied by Redditch United on 66 points.

Thank you to Matthew Frost for alerting me to this story

Last edited by Matchman (26/4/2024 8:29 PM)

25/4/2024 5:48 AM  #2

Re: Have Mickleover been deducted 12 points?

So has the Southern League had to do an embarrassing u-turn since announcing that Mickleover had been deducted 12 points?
I’ve not seen any statement by the league to say that the decision had been reversed but the current league table is showing no points have been deducted.
If the points deduction was a mistake then a statement of apology by the League would have been appropriate rather than the undignified silence.

26/4/2024 8:00 PM  #3

26 April: Looks like their appeal failed...
Why 12 points for this offence...? I thinking back to what happend in Ilson's league

26/4/2024 8:02 PM  #4

Thinking on, I guess 4 games x3...

26/4/2024 8:28 PM  #5

Thank you for the update plymrob. 

Mickleover are now in danger of missing out on the playoffs.
With every team having one match to play, Mickleover are in the final playoff spot on goal difference with Stamford and Stratford also on 66 points. 
Mickleover are home to Stamford in their final match.Stratford are away to Royston 
If Mickleover win they will be in the playoffs
If Stamford win they will be in the playoffs
For Stratford to get into the playoffs they need to win and for Mickleover v Stamford to be a draw.

Board footera