WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

28/8/2021 9:35 PM  #31

Re: Ilkeston v Bedworth Utd : Sat 28 Aug '21 : ko 3pm

The free kick from which we scored came from  great pass to Zak who then  took players on then creating the free kick.

29/8/2021 2:17 PM  #32

BEDWORTH REACTION ON TWITTER

Bedworth United FC @bedworth_united
Full time Ilkeston Town 3 Bedworth United 1. A poor showing by the Greenbacks today after their recent performances this was by far the worst of the season so far. Thankyou Ilkeston for great hospitality 4:52 PM · Aug 28, 2021
1[/url][url=https://twitter.com/bedworth_united/status/1431645916084281344/likes]Like 

Andy Beechey @AndyBeech43.20h    Replying to@bedworth_united
Losing 3-1 to 10 players isn’t good, hopefully see an improvement on Monday at home to Chasetown

29/8/2021 4:19 PM  #33

Northern Premier League Snippets 

There were red cards aplenty in Saturday’s NPL Midlands Division fixtures. James Reid was one of five players to be dismissed. The others were Max Ryan (Cambridge City), Sam Moore (Coleshill), Ollie Ward (Soham Town Rangers) and Jarvis Wilson (Daventry).  

Halesowen are now the only team with a 100% record. Their match against Belper attracted 732 spectators. 

Chasetown’s good start continued and they stay unbeaten with 2 wins and 2 draws 

Stamford are back on track and have won their last three after losing to Ilkeston.

In NPL Premier, Buxton lead the way with 13 points from 5 matches. Matlock are 5th with 12 points from 5 matches and Basford are still without a win after their five matches.

In NPL West Division; Leek have made a poor start and are without a win in the 3 matches they’ve played so far 

Last edited by Matchman (30/8/2021 4:23 AM)

29/8/2021 4:24 PM  #34

Not sure we learnt too much from this game; Bedworth were poor and we're still a work in progress. 

I've always championed Reid, a good technician with good creative ability. But you just have to question his temperament. When things don't go his way he gets frustrated and tetchy and sees red. What he did (and it's not the first time) was very ill-disciplined, and had we been playing a better team could have cost us points. It's ok saying it was a poor decision from the referee, but why do something that puts it into the referee's hands, that makes the referee make a decision? The ball wasn't in a danger area and what he did was just bonkers.

Our defence continues to look shaky for me. I get worried every time a ball comes into our box. Is it that one or two are not good enough, or that they're not gelling together as a unit, or they're not getting enough protection from those in front of them? With the ball at his feet, Fenton's a very good footballer (what a terrific strike for his goal by the way) but he lacks pace and he isn't commanding in the air. Is he good enough to play centre back in a promotion winning side? Not sure, time will tell I guess. Having said that I thought the defence did well in the second half yesterday and showed good game management. A good team effort all around.

Good to see Brown-Hill getting some more game time and he worked hard and looked sharper. Paddy Webb worked hard and showed promise; he looks to be a different type of forward to Campbell, who’s more of a finisher.

We've got a gem in Charlie Wakefield. I'd be tempted to give him MOM, but for the second half performance I think I'd give a collective MOM to the defence.

I think the Belper game tomorrow will give us a better idea as to how our team/squad stacks up.

Early days, but a bit disappointed with the crowd figure - 414 yesterday, I'd have hoped for 500+. It's interesting looking at the player stats; only 4 of our squad have played more than 20 times for Ilkeston. Billy Bennett the only one who's survived all the regime changes in recent years.

29/8/2021 7:02 PM  #35

I agree with you on all points Nicky. 
I thought the gate was disappointing and I was confident it looked more than the 474 against Sporting Khalsa. It may have been skewed by the two private parties that were booked on the ground. One in the Clocktower was all day and one in then Main Bar and I presume they did not have to pay to get into their party. However it is good that the NMG is being used for more than just the Saturday? Tuesday football matches.

29/8/2021 9:05 PM  #36

After Reid’s sending off I thought we would be lucky to get a point.  Fortunately we scored quickly at the start of the second half which gave us belief that we could avoid defeat. Our third goal gave us belief that we could win the game. Bedworth lacked urgency and failed to make their extra player count. I kept thinking that if they got one goal they would then get more but it didn’t happen. We defended well and they only created a few real opportunities. I think we would have took a point at half time so the win was a real bonus and the sort of result you need when going for promotion.  Zak Goodson was outstanding in the second half and his threat down the right caused Bedworth massive problems and relieved the pressure on Ilkeston’s defence.

31/8/2021 1:29 PM  #37

agree  on the attendance , thought it would have been more ....

Board footera