WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

19/11/2016 8:01 AM  #1

Andy's post on IFCSG forum

"If we lost the NMG we would either have to spend all available budget on rent if ground sharing at an Eastwood/Heanor. Or have to spend all available budget paying for the needed ground improvements to meet ground gradings if starting from scratch at somewhere like like Gallows. I can't believe that people genuinely feel this is a preferred option. Utterly barmy!!.
​I'm as fed up as everyone with it all but you'd really prefer a generation (at least) of playing field football???  I'm not saying there's owt we can do as fans but this is it folks. If this goes tits up its probably game over as far as having a decent standard non league team in most of our lifetimes. We need to pray Harrop can sort this mess out."

Very well spelled out Andy, and for older fans like me it would be the end of watching a decent standard of football in Ilkeston. That's why we need to get behind the Club and not try to destroy it. Look at it this way. The Club in it's present form is saleable and it's possible that someone with money could come along soon and take over. If the Club goes bust and has to start again from scratch it would be the end of Ilkeston having a football team at the current level for a very long time. The fans who are not to attending matches are making the Club less attractive to a potential buyer. As someone once said to me when I was having a bad time, nothing stays the same for ever.

07/12/2016 6:44 PM  #2

Re: Andy's post on IFCSG forum

Who would buy the club as it is.
It plainly not sellable.
So you think.people like me really want to destroy this club. You want to have a look at the damage the owner is doing on his own, without any assistance.
I don't want to see our club go bust. No interest in that at all.
You want to ask Harrop if that is what he wants.  Mind you I wouldn't believe owt he told me anyway.

Board footera