WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

23/10/2021 3:33 PM  #31

Re: Halesowen v Ilkeston : Sat 23rd Oct '21

Counter attack win Ilkeston corner. Now Zak is booked.  Great defending by Fenton.    Still 1-0      75 minutes

23/10/2021 3:38 PM  #32

It's getting feisty. This time a Yeltz player booked.  Another Halesowen sub and Troke replaced by Carvell.     1-0       79 mins

23/10/2021 3:44 PM  #33

Corners piling up for Halesowen and they're getting all the decisions.  Again great defending by Fenton.  Its wave after wave of Halesowen attacks.         still 1-0      85  mins

23/10/2021 3:47 PM  #34

Good effort by Carvell for rare Ilkeston attack.  Wakefield shot deflected over.   Campbell replaced by Webb.     1-0     88   mins

Last edited by Matchman (23/10/2021 3:47 PM)

23/10/2021 3:50 PM  #35

We're into added time.   And there'll be  several minutes

23/10/2021 3:54 PM  #36

Halesowen 's White inches wide on the end of a cross.   Ref gives Halesowen a free kick on edge of area .  

23/10/2021 3:56 PM  #37

It hits the wall and we've done it   The whistle goes for a magnificent win with ten players

Ilkeston fans are going crazy.     

Result    :   Halesowen  0   Ilkeston  1

23/10/2021 4:00 PM  #38

belper 5 bedwort  0
corby  1  chasetown  2
daventry  0  cambridge  4
histon  0  yaxley  1  
Loughborough  1  coleshill 4
shepshed  0 stamford  0
soham  0 carlton  6
 khalsa  2  spalding  0
wisbech  2  sutton cold  2

Last edited by Matchman (23/10/2021 4:33 PM)

23/10/2021 7:14 PM  #39

I'm still on a high. Certainly a tale of two halves. First half we were excellent and dominated the match. We deserved to be more than one up but never mind . Our supporters were brilliant. They out-shouted the Halesowen fans even though they were hopelessly outnumbered and that was because Ilkeston were playing so well. It was brilliant.  Second half Halesowen fought back but we were defending well. The turning point came about 15 minutes in when Ross saw red. I think what happened was : following a collision with one of their forwards the ball fell kindly for Halesowen. Ross made a desperate attempt to clear but missed the ball and booted the player just outside the area. The ref had been under intense pressure from Halesowen's baying fans to penalise every Ilkeston tackle. A free kick was given and Ross had to go. We had to sacrifice Adam Chapman to bring on rookie keeper, Bradley Foster. Foster saved the resultant free kick but from then on the Ilkeston defenders protected him brilliantly. There was wave after wave of attacks but credit to our defenders for putting their bodies on the line and minimising Halesowen's opportunities. Remaye was on his own up front and did really well. Terrific individual performances by all of the defenders and a cracking goal by Zak. Halesowen had a big chance in the final seconds from a free kick right on the edge of the area but Fenton took the blow.  That was a magnificent win which will be appreciated by all of the other promotion contenders. My MOM  Kieran Fenton.

Last edited by Matchman (23/10/2021 7:21 PM)

23/10/2021 7:49 PM  #40

Fully deserved to win

The tame effort from the free kick after the red card was the hime sides’ only shot on target bar a couple of cross shots first half

Best team won. Halesowen never opened us up once. A fully deserved victory and a real statement

Jared Bird was excellent on debut. Chapman impressed again. Campbell MOM for me. A real handful. Closely pressed by Williams

23/10/2021 9:43 PM  #41

OMG what a game that was . Agree the first half was totally ours i havent seen us start like that for ages just what was needed . They couldnt cope with us attacking them even when they had the ball in defence , made them play the earlier than they wanted i thought . Was our first effort cleared off the line i couldnt tell from where i was standing . Thought we should have been three goals up at half time , even the Halesowen fans who i was talking to thought that to. Second you knew  Halesowen had to come out us and they did especlally with their sub ( dont know his name ) came on at half time , a good speedy winger , he looked good . Then the sending off wow . We had actually had just had the corner which the keeper claimed , then to his credit soon sent the ball up into our half . But Ross couldnt control properly and caught the player . I actually thought we would cave in because it was going to so long with ten men playing the top side . BUT WOW what a fantastic performance from the whole team battling for whatever ball they could get .. At a push and i really mean at a push MOTM for me was Raymaye he worked sooooo hard mostly on his own chasing any ball up front . But like i said what a fantastic performance from the team . At the end we had a great chance to make it two nil but the ball  came off a defender from Wakefield. shot. THEN came that last second free kick , i didnt think my nerves could take anymore drama but thankfully it hit our defence then the final whistle went ...PHEW what a win . 
  Best highlight of the day ....... Ghandi jumping over the hoardings to celebrate with the fans behind the goal SHEER BRILLIANT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just a final word , i was talking to a few of the Halesowen fans in the first and a bloke had a little boy with him . The little boy was wearing a Paw Patrol coat and gloves . He sat down and was trying to show me his pepper pig socks as i was having a little conversation with him . Then all of sudden he called me Spiderman I thought >>>what ! . but his dad /uncle said its because my shirt and red hat . The little boy called it me a quite a few times which mad me laff . Then i saw this on twitter which made me laff even more .......see comment below
"Credit to @ilkestontown_fc deserved the 3pts today, think you may have brought us down a peg or 2 today as a @halesowentownfc fan, best away fans at the grove for long time, special mention to spiderman made my 3yr nephews day, good luck for rest of the season"

Last edited by kevilsonlad (23/10/2021 9:53 PM)

23/10/2021 10:26 PM  #42

Have to say the Halesowen officials were also magnanimous in defeat. They said we deserved to win. 

Top class Club officials

24/10/2021 7:15 AM  #43

Sat 23rd Oct 2021 : Northern Premier League
HALESOWEN TOWN  0  ILKESTON TOWN  1
Zak Goodson’s early goal proved enough for Ilkeston to end Halesowen’s unbeaten record despite having to play most of the second half one player short. The Robins controlled the game until the 58th minute when goalkeeper Ross Durrant saw red and from then onwards it was a rearguard action to defend the lead. 
Ilkeston started strongly and Halesowen captain Paul McCone had to clear Charlie Wakefield’s shot off the line in the third minute after Remaye Campbell had intercepted a back pass. Adam Chapman and Wakefield had shots saved before Goodson fired home Ilkeston’s opener on 8 minutes. Ilkeston could have had a second when Goodson created an opportunity for Alex Troke but his shot cleared the bar. Chris Lait volleyed over on 26 minutes but It took Halesowen until the 37th minute to create a worthwhile opportunity when Durrant saved well from Harry White. Ilkeston finished the first half as they had begun it but they were denied the second goal they deserved when Wakefield’s shot came back off the crossbar.
Halesowen came out fighting for the second half and a curling effort from Jack Holmes was only just wide. Durrant’s sending off after a clash with Kyle Finn forced Ilkeston to sacrifice Adam Chapman and bring on keeper Bradley Foster for his debut. Halesowen seized the initiative and pressed hard for the equaliser forcing numerous corners but Ilkeston’s defenders restricted the hosts to very few chances. Carvell and Wakefield might have made the game safe for Ilkeston as Halesowen were caught short at the back but on 89 minutes there was a scare when the ball fell kindly for the Yeltz top scorer Harry White but he put his shot wide. Then after seven minutes of added time Halesowen were given a last chance free kick on the edge of Ilkeston’s area but Kieran Fenton took the blow from Simeon Cobourne’s blast and the points were secured.  

Last edited by Matchman (24/10/2021 7:18 AM)

24/10/2021 9:14 AM  #44

Northern Premier League Midland Division
3:00pm Saturday 23rd October 2021 

Halesowen Town 0 (0)

Ilkeston Town 1 (1)
Goodson 8’

Att 932

Ilkeston Town – Durrant, Williams, Tait, Wakefield, Maguire, Fenton, Goodson, Chapman (Foster 60’), Webb, Campbell (Webb 88’), Troke (Carvell 79’) and Bird. 
Subs not used Brown-Hill and Frances. 

HalesowenTown – Platt, Coogan (Bunn 79’), Lloyd, Hawker, McCone, Flanaghan, Finn, Goddard, White, Gregory (Holmes 47’) and Lait (Colebourne 69’).
Sus not used  Brookes and Scott.

Notes Jared Bird made his debut and Adam Chapman made his first start. Ross Durrant was sent off after 58’. First defeat for top of the table Halesowen Town.

P 13 W 9 D 2 L 2 F 40 A 16 Pts 29   Pos 4th

Player Stats 20-21  --  Career 
Durrant  16 apps 0 sub 0 unused sub 0 goals  -- 61 apps 0 sub 0 unused sub 0 goals 
Bennett 12 apps 1 sub 0 unused sub 4 goals  -- 93 apps 7 subs 12 unused sub 8 goals 
Spence 3 apps 1 sub 0 unused sub 0 goals  -- 3 apps 1 sub 0 unused sub 0 goals 
Wakefield 15 apps 1 sub 0 unused sub 5 goals  -- 15 apps 1 sub 0 unused sub 5 goals 
Maguire 12 apps 0 sub 2 unused sub 1 goal  -- 29 apps 1 sub 2 unused sub 3 goals 
Fenton 14 apps 0 sub 1 unused sub 2 goals  -- 45 apps 0 sub 1 unused sub 2 goals 
Marzano 4 apps 0 sub 1 unused sub 0 goals  -- 12 apps 0 sub 3 unused sub 0 goals 
Goodson 13 apps 3 sub 0 unused sub 8 goals  -- 25 apps 4 sub 0 unused sub 17 goals 
Campbell 11 apps 3 sub 0 unused sub 7 goals  -- 11 apps 3 sub 0 unused sub 7 goals
Troke 14 apps 0 sub 1 unused sub 8 goals -- 26 apps 0 sub 1 unused sub 20 goals
Tait 11 apps 0 sub 0 unused sub 0 goals  --17 apps 1 sub 2 unused sub 0 goals
Carvell 5 apps 9 sub 2 unused sub 0 goals  -- 5 apps 9 sub 2 unused sub 0 goals 
Verma 7 apps 5 sub 0 unused sub 1 goal  -- 7 apps 5 sub 0 unused sub 1 goal 
Rogers 2 apps 3 sub 6 unused sub 0 goals  -- 2 apps 3 sub 6 unused sub 0 goals 
Stainsby 0 apps 0 sub 8 unused sub 0 goals  -- 4 apps 0 sub 44 unused sub 0 goals
Irvine 6 apps 1 sub 5 unused sub 0 goals  -- 6 apps 1 sub 5 unused sub 0 goals
Frances 3 apps 1 sub 3 unused sub 0 goals  -- 3 apps 1 sub 3 unused sub 0 goals
Reid 10 apps 1 sub 0 unused sub 0 goals  -- 22 apps 1 sub 0 unused sub 1 goal
Brown-Hill 7 apps 5 sub 2 unused sub 1 goals  -- 20 apps 5 sub 2 unused sub 2 goals
Webb 3 apps 6 sub 1 unused sub 3 goals  -- 3 apps 6 sub 1 unused sub 3 goals
Watson 0 apps 0 sub 2 unused sub 0 goals -- 0 apps 0 sub 4 unused sub 0 goals
Tomlin 3 apps 1 sub 0 unused sub 0 goals – 3 apps 1 sub 0 unused sub 0 goals 
Williams 4 apps 0 sub 0 unused sub 0 goals – 4 apps 0 sub 0 unused sub 0 goals
Foster 0 apps 1 sub 2 unused sub 0 goals – 0 apps 1 sub 2 unused sub 0 goals
Chapman 1 app 1 sub 0 unused sub 0 goals-- 1 app 1 sub 0 unused sub 0 goals
Bird 1 app 0 sub 0 unused sub 0 goals-- 1 app 0 sub 0 unused sub 0 goals --

Next Game
3:00pm Saturday 23rd October 2021
Bromsgrove Sporting away FA Trophy Third Qualifying Round

24/10/2021 9:33 AM  #45

Still buzzing after yesterday`s superb performance !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24/10/2021 7:11 PM  #46

Every player played their part in yesterday's important win but not every player got a mention 

Ross Durrant - Very reliable and super shot stopper. Ok he got sent off but it was to stop a certain goal. 

Tommy Williams -  Had a brilliant game keeping Chris Lait quiet and his general defending was first class. 

Mitchell Tait -  First game back after being out through injury but you wouldn’t have known. Brilliant defending and getting forward.  

Charlie Wakefield  - Our most consistent player this season, has the ball more than any other player 

Joe Maguire - immense defending when it was backs to the walls in the second half. 

Kieran Fenton - Gave everything to stop Halesowen from scoring, My man of the match 

Zak Goodson - Maybe not his best performance but he’s always likely to get us a goal and he got the winner. That’s why he’s a fans’ favourite 

Adam Chapman  -  Was doing really well in the first half. He was probably sacrificed because of his yellow card. 

Remaye Campbell  -  Magnificent performance up front yesterday in really difficult circumstances.  

Alex Troke  -  Maybe not his best game yesterday but I’d always have him in my team. Scores goals and adds muscle to the forward line. 

Jared Bird -  Showed some great touches and energy on his debut. Definitely going to be a big player for us and will become more influential as he settles in.   

25/10/2021 7:21 AM  #47

Agree with your summary of the players . I was talking to some of their during the first half and the players they kept talking about was  Mitch and Ramaye . They said that Mitch was quality , Ramaye they said a good solid hard working forward .

25/10/2021 9:44 AM  #48

'
Kev -  It's always interesting to hear what opposing supporters think of our players as they see them without preconceptions or expectations.  When Remaye arrived I must admit I wasn't all that impressed but now we all know what a great signing he was. Everyone appreciates his work rate and the job he does. He was absolutely superb at Halesowen. As for Mitch, he's so modest and I don't think he realises how good he is. In my opinion Mitch is our next Che Adams. He's destined for the top and It's only a matter of time. The Club were right to get him on a contract. 

25/10/2021 10:21 AM  #49

Defo agree about Mitch . It was great how Ramaye was clapping us fans . I was shouting to him that he ( sorry about the language) f--king brilliant chasing down all the game to him . I got big smile and the thumbs up . Another thing I loved is the play from Mitch and Carvell down the left wing late in the second half , their delicate one touch football was great to see . Keeping the ball as much as they could up at their end of the pitch.......Amazing !

Last edited by kevilsonlad (25/10/2021 10:28 AM)

28/10/2021 1:01 PM  #50

This must be the best squad of players we've had in a long time. Apart from the starting eleven at Halesowen we have, Billy Bennett, Rashaan Francis, Stern Irvine, James Reid, James Carvell and Patrick Webb all good enough to be starters. Sadly, Aman Verma is unlikely to feature in the near future after being badly injured in an assault. 

Last edited by Matchman (28/10/2021 1:33 PM)

28/10/2021 4:36 PM  #51

thought there might have been some highlights of the game but i can understand if they dont . 

01/11/2021 10:58 AM  #52

Was talking to one of the Bromsgrove officials before Saturday’s FA Trophy game. He was very knowledgeable about the local football scene and he appeared to have contacts at all of the clubs in their area including Halesowen. 

He told me that Halesowen are desperate to be promoted because they are currently at a lower level than several nearby clubs like Bromsgrove Sporting, Stourbridge, Redditch, Alvechuch, Kidderminster and Solihull Moors.  

He said  “Halesowen know all about Ilkeston and they know that you are their main rival for the automatic promotion spot. They knew that you didn’t play your strongest side for the FA Cup match.”

Last edited by Matchman (01/11/2021 10:59 AM)

01/11/2021 12:54 PM  #53

do we know if there are any highlights of the game being finalised ? 

01/11/2021 4:10 PM  #54

kevilsonlad wrote:

****************************************************************

I've asked Danny and he says unfortunately not.   Apparently we haven't got any footage of the game.

Last edited by Matchman (01/11/2021 4:46 PM)

05/11/2021 6:42 PM  #55

'

Match Report on Halesowen's Web Site:

Match Report  Northern Premier League Midlands  –  Saturday, 23rd October 2021 
Halesowen Town 0 Ilkeston Town 1 
Ilkeston ended Halesowen’s unbeaten league record despite being reduced to ten men for most of the second half in a hard-fought top of the table clash, writes David Johnson. The Robins enjoyed the better of the first half as Halesowen struggled to hold possession or find their passes with consistency in a victory that provided revenge for Ilkeston’s FA Cup exit at the Grove last month. Ilkeston started brightly and as early as the third minute Danny Coogan’s poor back pass on his Yeltz debut failed to reach goalkeeper Dan Platt, allowing Remaye Campbell to cut the ball back to Charlie Wakefield, but home captain Paul McCone retreated to clear off the line. Adam Chapman then shot at Platt a minute later and an 8th minute free-kick from Wakefield caused further danger. The Robins took a deserved 8th minute lead when Chris Lait lost out in his own penalty area allowing Zak GOODSON to lash home the winning goal. As Halesowen eventually featured, Richard Gregory set up Harry White to side-foot wide in the 11th minute. But Ilkeston continued to cause the greater danger and Alex Troke blasted a good 20th minute chance over the bar after Calum Flanagan was this time guilty of losing out. Lait volleyed high after 26 minutes and after a couple of bookings for the visitors, Jordan Goddard played the ball into White in the area but goalkeeper Ross Durrant went down smartly to save after 37 minutes. Lait then worked down the left but his 41st minute ball along goal was cleared. The Yeltz ended the half with their defence again under stress and Wakefield went close to doubling their lead when he struck the bar with a superb effort. Halesowen made a somewhat better start to the second period and substitute Jack Holmes curled just wide after pressure on the edge of the Ilkeston penalty area. The hosts were then given hope when Ilkeston goalkeeper Durrant was sent off after bringing down Kyle Finn as he mis-controlled a long ball. But White could only strike the resulting free-kick straight at replacement goalkeeper Bradley Foster and Halesowen barely troubled Foster from that point on for the remainder of the game as the Robins defended their lead well and restricted the hosts. On the break Ilkeston substitute James Carvell fired over the bar in the 87th minute. The Ilkeston goal remained little tested although White put the ball wide from substitute Robbie Bunn’s cross as the game entered injury time. In the seventh minute of added time substitute Simeon Cobourne was fouled on the edge of the penalty area but Goddard hit the resulting free-kick into the defensive wall. Halesowen remain top of the table but the defeat provides a stark warning of the stiff opposition from the competitive top-five clubs. 
Halesowen Town: Dan Platt; Danny Coogan (Robbie Bunn 79), Brett Lloyd, Josh Hawker, Paul McCone (c), Calum Flanagan, Kyle Finn, Jordan Goddard, Harry White, Richard Gregory (Jack Holmes 46), Chris Lait (Simeon Cobourne 68). Subs Not Used: Dan Brookes, Toby Scott.
Ilkeston Town: Ross Durrant; Tom Williams, Mitchell Tait, Charlie Wakefield, Joe Maguire, Kieran Fenton (c), Zak Goodson, Adam Chapman (Bradley Foster 59), Remaye Campbell (Patrick Webb 88), Alex Troke (James Carvell 79), Jared Bird. Subs Not Used: Ollie Brown-Hill, Rashaan Frances. Referee: Harry Tarrant            
Attendance: 932
Booked: Chapman (30), Campbell (33), Goodson (72), Coogan (77)
Sent Off: Durrant (58)

Last edited by Matchman (05/11/2021 6:49 PM)

05/11/2021 8:31 PM  #56

Matchman wrote:

kevilsonlad wrote:

****************************************************************

I've asked Danny and he says unfortunately not.   Apparently we haven't got any footage of the game.

I did see some produced by an Ilson Vlogger but he missed the goal. I will try and find it and publish a link.

05/11/2021 9:42 PM  #57

i have seen a video clip of the game somewhere and it does show a chap at a large tall tripod with camera of some sorts. It actually looks like the one Danny had at the Bromsgrove game .

Board footera