WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/12/2016 7:33 PM  #31

Re: Frickley v Ilkeston - Live Updates

You TOLD me to! This is a time when the fans should try to stick together not abuse each other on line! The club is in a mess we all know that! Paul I hope you find peace one day!

11/12/2016 10:06 AM  #32

Ilkeston were outplayed but they weren't helped by the early straight red given to Danny Gordon which seemed very harsh. The referee appeared to be "home friendly" throughout. This caused the Ilkeston players to become very frustrated and resulted in another red card, this time for Tom Gamblen. 

11/12/2016 5:29 PM  #33

I'll risk the usual abuse for the benefit of our fair minded fans with some more information regarding the Frickley game.

Those at the game of an Ilkeston persuasion felt that the referee got a few things wrong and as a consequence some of our officials spoke with him after the game. Apparently he did not accept any criticism or admit to any mistakes. He seemed to be quite young and he was accompanied by a football league referee who backed him up. He didn't cost us the game, it would be wrong to say that. It's very hard being a referee so lets wish him well.

Immediately after the game when all the players had left the field Paul Holland could be seen on the far side of the pitch on his own collecting his thoughts following a very disappointing day.

Board footera