WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

09/12/2021 8:04 PM  #1

Mitchell Tait signs for Basford

NEW SIGNING: MITCHELL TAIT  BY MARC WILLIAMS   
38 MINUTES AGO

Defender moves from the Robins...We are delighted to confirm the signing of defender Mitchell Tait from Ilkeston Town. The 19-year-old moves to Greenwich Avenue after impressing for the Robins' U19 National League Alliance squad. He then stepped up to the first team at the New Manor Ground following multiple injuries earlier this year and received back-to-back man of the match accolades in August. A left-sided player - who has attracted Football League attention in the past – Tait can operate anywhere on the flank. On making the switch, he said: “This is a great chance for myself to play at Step 3 and I’m delighted to make the move.

“They get good fans and the local folk visit week in, week out and it’s a shop window for me personally. Hopefully I can come here, perform well and show everybody what I’m about and what I can do.” Manager Steve Chettle added: “It’s great to have Mitch here with us. It’s the right catchment area, within the right age group and full of potential for a young man who wants to go places.“We’ve seen him play for the National Youth Alliance team at Ilkeston and he did really well. He wants to kick on and do well and hopefully we’ll benefit from him being here.

“Mark [Clifford] was the one that told us he was available, and I think it was a no brainer to bring him in. “He was playing under 23s when he had finished at Ilkeston and can play in numerous positions. “Mitch is a is a natural left-footer, he’s a good athlete, he carries a good physique and he’d be a good addition to our group.“He’ll be competition for everybody on that left side.” added Chettle. “He’s played left-sided centre half, left wing, left back – just to have another natural left-footed player in our ranks is a big bonus for us.”Tait will be in the squad for Saturday’s trip to Lancaster City in the Northern Premier League.

For me personally,  this is a massive disappointment

10/12/2021 7:35 AM  #2

Re: Mitchell Tait signs for Basford

Mitchell Tait :  My Opinion 

Losing a player of Mitch's ability and potential to a rival club is a massive disappointment 

Mitch was a favourite with many supporters including myself 
First his talent and potential was recognised with a contract 
Then the contract is terminated 
Now he’s allowed to sign for a rival club for free.  

DISAPPOINTING BUT: 

These things happen in football and as always we move on 100% behind the Club. 
We’ve supported the club through good times and bad and these are the best times we’ve experienced for a long time. 

Board footera