WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

09/3/2022 1:24 PM  #1

New Signing : Saul Deeney

Experienced Goalkeeper Saul Deeney has joined the club till the end of the season from Coalville Town.

The former Derby County and Burton Albion shot stopper is expected to be in the squad against Chasetown on Saturday

Last edited by Matchman (13/3/2022 5:14 PM)

09/3/2022 4:33 PM  #2

Re: New Signing : Saul Deeney

I hope hes here as ross number 2.

09/3/2022 7:39 PM  #3

Seems a bit odd, we haven't had a backup keeper on the bench for most of the season have we? That means we only get 4 outfield players on the bench. Have the management just been spooked by what happened to Carlton at the weekend?

01/4/2022 2:30 PM  #4

Must admit when we signed Saul Deeney on loan till the end of the season I thought it was just for cover in case Ross got injured. 

When Deeney played against Coleshill I thought it was to get him used to playing in the team. He then played the following game against Yaxley. 

​Assuming he isn't injured Ross must be wondering why he has lost his place. Or will he be back in the team to face Cambridge City?

I went down to training Thursday night and I couldn't see Ross.

01/4/2022 3:02 PM  #5

I think its a joke to be honest

03/4/2022 2:12 PM  #6

To be fair to Saul he has not mad one mistake in the games he has played so far and Ilkeston have a 100% record. Saying that I has a lot of time for Ross and believe that he could have regained his place in the team had he chose to stay.

03/4/2022 8:53 PM  #7

Just been on “Unofficial” reading the supporter comments on the Ross Durrant situation. It’s brilliant that Dave has taken the trouble to reply to several posters. All supporters are entitled to express an opinion and Ross was deservedly very popular as both a player and a person. But as Dave points out, it was Ross’s decision to leave, not the Club’s or Martin Carruthers. When I heard that he had left I really hoped he would change his mind. 
Saul Deeney is an excellent keeper but I think we only have him on loan till the end of the season. 

Board footera