WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/5/2022 7:54 PM  #1

Adam Chapman signs for Basford United

DWYER AND CHAPMAN JOIN ON ONE-YEAR DEALS
BY MARC WILLIAMS  34 MINUTES AGO

Duo first through the door ahead of 2022-23 campaign...Basford United is delighted to announce our first new signings in readiness for the 2022-23 Season. Putting to pen-to-paper one one-year contracts is local striker Anthony Dwyer, who signs from Nuneaton Borough and midfielder Adam Chapman (pictured), who re-unites with Mark Clifford after arriving from Ilkeston Town. Manager Clifford has wasted no time in dipping into the transfer market ahead of next season by signing the prolific Dwyer, who boasts Mansfield Town, AFC Telford, Tamworth and Hednesford – among others – as his former clubs.A renowned Step 3 striker, Dwyer – often referred to as “Nilo” – has scored goals at every club he’s been involved with, and last season registered 18 goals in competitions for Borough, ending the season as their top scorer and a firm fans favourite. 

32-year-old Chapman represents a great signing for United. A former Northern Ireland international, “Chappo” lists Newport County, Mansfield Town and Boston United as some of his former clubs and is a combative and creative central midfielder. He will be remembered by fans for the wonder goal he scored against us back in August for Grantham Town in the fixture with that ended 1-1, before moving to Ilkeston where he registered some fine performances and goals for the Robins before a foot injury cut his campaign short. We welcome both players to Greenwich Avenue and Basford fans can expect Mark Clifford to be extremely active over the next few weeks as we look to get back on track and target promotion next season.

Last edited by Matchman (13/5/2022 4:41 PM)

12/5/2022 9:46 PM  #2

Re: Adam Chapman signs for Basford United

FRECKLINGTON JOINS AS ASSISTANT  
BY MARC WILLIAMS  3 HOURS AGO 

Former Frickley boss arrives as number two…Boss Mark Clifford has wasted no time in preparing for next season as the club look to right the wrongs of a disappointing Northern Premier League campaign and we are delighted to welcome Dave Frecklington to Greenwich Avenue, who joins as assistant manager on a 12-month deal. 

“Frecks” has been a highly successful and respected manager at various clubs, including Matlock Town, Lincoln United, Spalding United and Gainsborough Trinity, where he preserved the Holy Blues’ National League North status when all looked lost at the time of his appointment. Most recently of Frickley Athletic, Dave brings vast experience and player recruitment expertise, and his appointment comes at a perfect time for him, as we look to re-ignite our playoff aspirations for next season. 

On his move, he said: “I am privileged and honoured to be joining such a professional and ambitious football club. As soon as the gaffer contacted me to come in and assist him it was an opportunity I couldn’t turn down. “The meeting was refreshing and re-lit the torch paper. The gaffer’s enthusiasm and will to win matches mine, and together I believe we can be a successful partnership.

Clifford added: “I’m really happy to have secured Frecks as assistant manager. His experience will be invaluable to, not only myself, but the whole group as we look to re-establish the ambitions of National League football here at Basford United.”Welcome aboard, Frecks!

Frecklington is an experienced manager but he couldn't save Frickley from relegation last season. No wonder Neil Tooth tweeted this :

Neil Tooth  @Toothy1575 
Replying to @Basfordutdfc @davefrecks
Frecks you could fall out of a plane and land in an Armani Suit

Last edited by Matchman (12/5/2022 9:53 PM)

12/5/2022 10:43 PM  #3

This means one thing Clifford has run out of ideas. Hoof ball at baseford

13/5/2022 2:18 PM  #4

Let's see how the new season pans out (and see what players we sign), but I think Chapman's a good pickup for Basford. We were never the same team after he got injured against Loughborough. Players with his guile, cunning, nous, game management, and technique are hard to find.

13/5/2022 6:34 PM  #5

Chappy had the knack of being right place right time

Something his replacements got close to. But didn’t quite achieve. Ilkeston were never quite the same without him

Was able to dictate the tempo of games and made great decisions. Chipped in with vital goals too

Will certainly be missed. Top top player

13/5/2022 8:27 PM  #6

i would like to say more about certain topics but i have been in the bad books of late so i am having to be very careful in what i say . So all i will say ..... all the best Chappo 

Board footera