WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

17/6/2022 8:54 PM  #1

Halesowen say Goodbye to the player who cost them promotion

Halesowen Town FC  @halesowentownfc 
We can confirm that Paul McCone has now left the club, a fantastic servant and captain during his time with us, we wish you every success for the future  #UpTheYeltz

7:11 pm · 17 Jun 2022

18/6/2022 5:24 AM  #2

Re: Halesowen say Goodbye to the player who cost them promotion

I was wondering how he could face the Halesowen fans after the shame of giving away that stupid last minute penalty in the playoff match. He's taken the easy way out.

Halesowen, Stamford and Chasetown have to do battle again for the two promotion places.

There are six new teams : Boldmere St Michaels, Dereham Town, Gresley Rovers, Harborough Town, Hinckley Leiester Road and St Neots Town

These are the teams in that league : NPL Midlands Division (20 clubs, Step 4): Bedworth United, Boldmere St Michael’s, Cambridge City, Chasetown, Coleshill Town, Corby Town, Daventry Town, Dereham Town, Gresley Rovers, Halesowen Town, Harborough Town, Hinckley LR, Loughborough Dynamo, Shepshed Dynamo, Spalding United, Sporting Khalsa, St Neots Town, Stamford, Sutton Coldfield Town, Yaxley.

Although we are out of that league, I will be following it with interest.

Last edited by Matchman (18/6/2022 5:43 AM)

18/6/2022 4:50 PM  #3

Re: Halesowen say Goodbye to the player who cost them promotion

Experienced Defender Joins Stratford

Pitching In Southern League Premier Division Central club Stratford Town have announced the signing of experienced defender Paul McCone.

The centre-half made over 250 appearances for Stourbridge and played nearly 100 times for Halesowen Town.The 30-year-old first joined the Glassboys in the summer of 2010 after being released by Wolverhampton Wanderers and re-joined in the summer of 2017 after spells with Leamington, Hednesford Town and AFC Telford United.He left the War Memorial Athletic Ground again in June 2019 to sign for Northern Premier League Division One Midlands outfit Halesowen.

Assistant Manager Gavin Hurran told his club’s website: “Adding Paul to the squad is massive for the club as he brings so much experience and professionalism to the team. “He’s a born competitor and leader and as a management team we are over the moon that Paul has chosen to join us at Stratford. I’m really looking forward to working with him and I’m sure the supporters will enjoy having him here”.
STRATFORD TOWN WEB SITE   

Board footera