WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

21/7/2022 8:54 PM  #1

Stourbridge v Halesowen abandoned

Stourbridge@StourbridgeFC 
Tonight games has been called off on Police Advice!  
8:43 pm · 21 Jul 2022

The friendly between Stourbridge and Halesowen tonight has been abandoned due to crowd trouble.
Stoubridge were leading 2-0 in a typical local derby with tackles flying in.

Halesowen tweeted  "Due to crowd disturbances the game has been abandoned, please make your way home safely"

Last edited by Matchman (21/7/2022 8:58 PM)

21/7/2022 9:09 PM  #2

Re: Stourbridge v Halesowen abandoned

Matchman wrote:

Stourbridge@StourbridgeFC 
Tonight games has been called off on Police Advice!  
8:43 pm · 21 Jul 2022

The friendly between Stourbridge and Halesowen tonight has been abandoned due to crowd trouble.
Stoubridge were leading 2-0 in a typical local derby with tackles flying in.

Halesowen tweeted  "Due to crowd disturbances the game has been abandoned, please make your way home safely"

I think will be have to be very careful as they are getting a bit of a bad name now . First at our ground , then was trouble with our good Chasetown now this . Yes its a local derby but even so . Of course these fans who getting into trouble will be the add on`s as the Halesowen fans i have heard , seen and spoken are great . 

22/7/2022 7:25 AM  #3

Plenty of comment on Halesowen Unofficial Forum:
https://www.yeltz.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4614

22/7/2022 8:38 AM  #4

Sounds like the same problems that they had when they came to the NMG. Younger fans high/pissed looking to have some anti social fun knowing that at a thinly policed non league ground they will be few repercussions for them even if they did get identified. To be fair to Halesowen and many others teams with similar issues it does happen elsewhere. We have had a similar following at different times during the last forty years or so. It does appear to be the downside of the maginificent rise in attendances at non league games. Hooligans priced out of Premier League football targeting cheaper non league games. Sign of the times? Perhaps when they get fed up they will start fighting at Sunday pub football!

22/7/2022 12:30 PM  #5

Statement on behalf of Stourbridge FC and Halesowen Town FC

Both Clubs wish to confirm in the strongest possible terms, our joint dismay and utter frustration at the abandonment of last nights Brookes-Clark Shield 2nd leg friendly. 

The safety of players, management, match and club officials, our volunteers, stewards and staff is of paramount importance to us as clubs, but the behaviour of a small minority of the juvenile section of the crowd meant this was no longer possible, despite repeated requests for calm. 

We would like to apologise to the genuine supporters of both clubs for the decision taken, but despite the best efforts of both Clubs over recent years, there appears to be a section of people who insist on causing disruption at these fixtures, who do not attend any other fixture played by either club. 

Both Clubs will now talk about how the format of the Brookes-Clark Shield can potentially work in future.

Until Investigation by both Clubs have been completed, no further comment will be made.

22/7/2022 7:12 PM  #6

Yet again the added on's in the younger and no i wont call them fabs cause they aren't are causing trouble. Just read the Halesowen forum and they are spot on. It just seems the teenagers just want fight and cause trouble . I loved it at both of these clubs chatting with other fans it's one of the best parts of being  a non league fan .
Especially enjoyed being called Spiderman from a young Halesowen fan because I was wearing a lot of red and white so he thought I was Spiderman. Still makes smile now . Lol. We all have a lot of great stories to tell over the years then these young teenagers ruin it for the genuine fans .

Board footera