WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

21/8/2022 8:43 PM  #31

Re: Sat 20 Aug 22 - IlkestonTown v Redditch United - ko 3pm

Alex wrote:

I dont like taking about refs but it seems like after every match its the main talking points. We just started penning redditch back into there half. Yes it was a foul but not a red card. Then the yellow card for Jamie ward because the ref couldn't count to 10. I think he got to 8.

Lets talk about the match. Our back 4 is shocking. We cant defend for love nor money. Nobody wants to take responsibility, we must have had 2 maybe 3 chances to get rid of the ball. The ball went in and everybody had there arms out trying to blame each other. Time to go back to old school defending, if you have a chance to get rid get rid. Yes it doesn't look great but it gives you a chance to reset and get back into position.
Must say Jamie ward goal was a cracker but the problem we have we have to score a worldy to get a point.
Redditch where not a good side and to say they are disappointed with a draw, well they must have been watching a different game to me.
Two things from Saturday i didnt like was i dont know how RC didnt start and at the end of the game booing from the stand. I hope it wasn't at our players and aimed at the ref.
Overall i think we played well and did enough to get 3 points.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Thanks for your comments Alex. This is my opinion on the matters you raised:

I also thought Ben O'Hanlon's red card was a touch harsh. It was a definitely a bad challenge but a yellow may have been more appropriate. Regarding Ward's yellow for measuring out 12 yards I have some sympathy for the ref. Yes he didn't move the defender 10 yards away from the ball but Ward's action was always going to be interpreted as disrespectful. You can't expect a referee to not punish defiance of authority.

You said Redditch were not a good side. They were better than I expected and they certainly played well in the first half and created a lot of chances. We got the measure of them after the break and I think we might have won if we hadn't gone down ten players. 

We've certainly not clicked as a team so far but neither have we had much luck. 

22/8/2022 6:50 AM  #32

BY STEVE WHITNEY
Saturday`s Premier Division Central Round-Up
No team in the Pitching In Southern League Premier Division Central possesses a 100% record from the first four games of the 2022/23 season after Saturday’s results. However, there are still four clubs who have yet to taste defeat.

Ilkeston celebrate Jamie Ward's 25-yard effort 

And one of those, Coalville Town, sit on top of the early table with 10 points after being held to a 2-2 draw at the MCSS Stadium by Royston Town.The home side led 1-0 at the break, courtesy of Tim Berridge’s 26th-minute effort.But Jarid Robson equalised on the hour-mark for the Crows, only for Ash Chambers to restore Coalville’s lead 5 minutes later.Nathan Tshikuna levelled for Steve Castle’s men in the 72nd minute.

Another team yet to taste defeat to date, Tamworth, had the most eye-catching result of the afternoon.They beat newly promoted Bedford Town 8-1 at The Eyrie!It started badly for the Eagles when they found themselves a goal down inside the opening 2 minutes. But what was to come wasn’t obvious, even after Dan Creaney had made it 2-0 on the half-hour mark .Ty Deacon added a third with 6 minutes of the second half played and then the Lambs grabbed two goals in 3 minutes shortly afterwards from Creaney again and Kyle Finn to make it 5-0. It went from bad to worse for the hosts as they had Kai Phelan red carded for a foul on Ty Deacon in the 63rd minute, and 3 minutes later, Creaney completed his hat-trick. Alex Jones from the penalty spot after 70 minutes and James Hurst on 83 minutes made it 8-0, and few of the home fans in the 565 crowd were still in the stadium when Joe Butterworth scored a stoppage-time consolation for the Eagles.

Leiston and Hitchin Town are also yet to lose this season, with the former beating one of the former Northern Premier League sides switched in the summer, Mickleover, 3-1 at Victory Road, whilst the latter were held to a 0-0 draw by the other, Basford United, at Top Field. 

Adam Mills gave Leiston a 13th-minute lead they held until half-time.Mills scored again 5 minutes after the restart to double the Suffolk side’s advantage, and although Rhys Dolan reduced the deficit in the 68th minute, Will Davies added a third for the hosts with 9 minutes remaining.

Kings Langley suffered a first defeat, losing 2-0 at Westwood Road to a St Ives Town side who have now won three out of four. Jonny Edwards broke the deadlock to give the Saints the lead shortly after the hour-mark and then Greg Kaziboni doubled the home side’s lead with less than 4 minutes remaining.

Stratford Town and Rushall Olympic both picked up first wins of the new campaign.

In front of a crowd of 677 against Hednesford Town, the Bards included coup signing Adam Rooney in their side, and he helped his new team score what proved to be the only goal of the game on the half-hour mark when his excellent hold-up work helped Ashley Sammons to have the space to fire home.

The Pics beat Bromsgrove Sporting 3-1 at Dales Lane.Defender Johno Atherton gave Rushall a 32nd-minute lead that Alex Fletcher quickly doubled 4 minutes later. Jayden Campbell had Olympic 3-0 ahead by the hour-mark, with Ryan Edmunds replying for the Rouslers on 62 minutes.

Also still yet to win are AFC Rushden & Diamonds, Stourbridge and the bookmakers` favourites for promotion, Ilkeston Town.

Diamonds were beaten 2-0 at Lye Meadow by Alvechurch.Jack Concannon broke the deadlock to give Church a 72nd-minute lead that sub Leo Brown doubled to make sure of the points in the 86th minute.

The Glassboys were beaten 3-1 at Bloomfields by Needham Market – their second success to date. Dan Morphew gave the Marketmen a 34th-minute lead that Seth Chambers added to 10 minutes after half-time. Reece Styche pulled Stourbridge back into the game on 58 minutes but then turned villain when he was sent-off on 73 minutes. Chambers made it game over with the hosts` third with 3 minutes to go.

Ilkeston picked up a third draw in four matches with a 1-1 stalemate at the Microlise New Manor Ground against Redditch United. Robbie Bunn gave the visitors a 25th-minute lead that veteran former Derby County favourite Jamie Ward levelled 6 minutes later from 25 yards. Ilkeston finished with ten-men after Ben O’Hanlon was sent-off on 71 minutes for a late challenge in the middle of the pitch.

Nuneaton Borough made it three wins from four games with a 3-1 Liberty Way success over the team from the other side of the A1, Barwell. A crowd of 782 saw a goalless first half but the second was only 3 minutes old when Tyrell Waite broke the deadlock to give Boro the lead. Charlie Dowd added a second 7 minutes later, only for Max Brogan to reduce the arrears 5 minutes later. Sub Luke Benbow’s free-kick made it 3-1 with 8 minutes remaining. 

22/8/2022 8:03 PM  #33

Goalscorer Jamie Ward reflects on Saturday's 1-1 draw at home to @RedditchUtd

0pxhttps://youtu.be/h3H9WAdzbk4

22 Aug 2022

23/8/2022 7:41 AM  #34

HIGHLIGHTS | @ilkestontown_fc 1-1 Redditch United

The key highlights caught on camera from Saturdays draw!

Woodwork
Bunn's goal
The Robin's Rocket
Straight red card

=0pxhttps://youtu.be/D1OJC-SjtM8

23/8/2022 9:00 AM  #35

Ill take back what i have said about the red card.

Not the greatest of starts to his ilkeston career :-

1. Gave away a pen after 3 minutes at barwell.

2. Then a red card.

What have have noticed is our positioning for a lot of there attacks

Board footera