WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

31/8/2022 9:30 AM  #1

Joe Wilson returns

I said Dave wouldn't let things drift

tIlkeston Town FC @ilkestontown_fc  
We are delighted to confirm that we have secured the signing of former Robins fan favourite Joe Wilson. The ex Gainsborough Trinity full back will be available for Saturday’s trip to Matlock Town. Welcome back to the NMG, Joe   #OneTownOneClub  

10:14 am · 31 Aug 2022 

Last edited by Matchman (31/8/2022 9:35 AM)

31/8/2022 5:06 PM  #2

Re: Joe Wilson returns

Joe Wilson returns to the Robins
We are delighted to confirm that we have secured the signing of former Robins fan favourite Joe Wilson.
Joe returns after a great season with Gainsborough Trinity. The young full-back will be available for Saturday’s Emirates FA Cup tie away to Matlock Town.

Martin Carruthers:
“I’m absolutely delighted to welcome Joe back to the NMG. “We made no secret that we wanted to get Joe back to the club last season but we fully understood his reasons for wanting to stay at that level.

“The opportunity came up to bring him back to the club and it’s a real coup for the club.“Joe’s a player who we know can play at this level and above, I’m glad that we’ll see him back in an Ilkeston shirt again.” 

Last edited by Matchman (31/8/2022 5:13 PM)

31/8/2022 9:24 PM  #3

Re: Joe Wilson returns

Great signing.  Joe was outstanding when he was with us before and it was a big blow when he moved to Gainsborough Trinity. So glad we've got him back again. He will now be an even better player and we should see a big difference just like we saw when Montel came back. 

Board footera