WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

31/8/2022 4:57 PM  #1

The new signings

Of course we're sorry to lose Zak but I think we are now in good position with the two excellent new signings, Dempsey Arlott-John and Joe Wilson. They follow the two previous additional signings of Liam Daly and Declan Eratt-Thompson and we now have a squad that is too big to be able to keep every player happy.  I suspect that most of our players are under contract so I expect some will be loaned out to other clubs to keep them match fit. Martin Carruthers will have to decide which players he wants to keep and which he will allow to play elsewhere. Some players have not lived up to expectations so far while others have been hampered by injuries. The fact is that the team have not produced the goods so certain players will pay the price. Results speak for themselves and Dave saw the need to bring in replacements.
I'm guessing that at least three players will be loaned out or let go in order to bring the squad down to a more manageable number.  Watch this space.
There may be a few moans but loan players can be recalled if they're playing well at another club.
Players have to earn their place in the team. It's in their own hands.

The players must know that the squad has to be reduced so for the players selected to play at Matlock on Saturday they will be aware that they could be playing for their future at Ilkeston. That should be a massive incentive to give 100% and to contribute to a much improved team performance. 

Last edited by Matchman (31/8/2022 8:14 PM)

31/8/2022 9:42 PM  #2

Re: The new signings

If Arlott-John can can produce for us the form he showed against us then we have plenty to look forward to. A successful partnership with Montel Gibson should give us much more potency up front. It's a pity that Jamie Ward will be out for the next 4 to 6 weeks. 
In my opinion Declan Eratt-Thompson has staked a strong claim to be in the the team putting Jared Bird at risk. Joe Wilson looks like taking one of the full back positions so Kalern Thomas, Ben O'Hanlon and Billy Bennett have to scrap for the other full back position. I would like Dan Bradley in the team and Charlie Wakefield. 

Last edited by Matchman (31/8/2022 9:56 PM)

01/9/2022 7:47 AM  #3

When Joe Wilson played for us before he was possibly our best player and looked a real prospect. To get him back is a real coup and his attacking wing back play down the right will be a welcome addition to the Robin’s armoury! The club has shown its intention to sort any issues that there are player wise and the Matlock game will see what response there is. It’s good to see the club always looking forward!

01/9/2022 9:55 AM  #4

'

In my opinion this would have been a good signing for us

BARDS SECURE ANOTHER KEY SIGNING
25 August 2022

CHRIS LAIT RETURNS  The Bards have moved to sign a former Stratford Town player before the Bank Holiday fixtures.   Chris Lait who was part of the promotion winning team under Carl Adams in 2013 has returned to the club to add more fire power to the front line for the Bards. Chris has played for a number of clubs including Birmingham City, Telford, Tamworth, Solihull Moors and more recently Nuneaton Borough. After signing Chris said, “I’ve had a good relationship with Jed (McCrory) for many years from the time when I played for him after leaving Stratford. I’ve thought about returning for a while and have kept in touch but this time if feels right” Commenting on how things have changed since his returned, “The place looks and feels very different. The facilities and the stadium have been completely  transformed, this is a great place to be right now. There’s a great atmosphere at the club and you can see that tonight after training, as the bar was packed and all the lads were getting on great. I can’t wait to get started.” Chairman Jed McCrory said, “We are delighted to sign Chrisy Lait and I thank Nuneaton for waving the 7 days as I know he’s had a lot of interest from clubs at this level and above.  He continued, “I’ve been a big fan of Chrisy Lait, I’ve known him for about 12 years from when he came out of Birmingham City. He’s a very talented winger he’s great fun and will be perfect in the changing room with the lads and knows a lot of the lads already and knows the club having been here previously.” He concluded, “He’s an exciting talented winger who likes to go at people and he has a big goal in him as he’s proven at previous clubs - especially in the FA Cup!” Chris will be available for the trip to Kings Langley on Saturday.    

Last edited by Matchman (01/9/2022 10:00 AM)

Board footera