WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/3/2017 8:28 PM  #1

Relegation Escape Plan

Ilkeston currently have just 23 points and have 13 matches remaining. I think we need at least 50 points to survive. Even 50 points doesn't guarantee safety but it may be just enough. That means that we need another 27 points from the 13 matches. If we bring in a couple of experienced signings the great escape is unlikely but possible. I think we cannot afford to lose any of the remaining matches and this is the escape plan :

Points Target

Tue 14 Mar     Stafford Rangers   (Home)              3 points
          Sat 18 Mar      Nantwich              (Home)               1 point
          Mon 20 Mar     Stourbridge          (Away)                1 point
          Sat  25 Mar     Frickley Athletic   (Home)                3 points
          Tue 28 Mar     Hednesford           (Away)                3 points
          Sat  01 Apr     Workington            (Away)                1 point
          Tue 04 Apr      Buxton                  (Away)                3 points
          Thu 06 Apr     Spennymoor         (Away)                 1 point
          Sat  08 Apr     Stourbridge           (Home)                1 point       
          Tue 11 Apr     Halesowen            (Home)                3 points
          Sat 15 Apr     Nantwich               (Away)                 1 point
          Mon 17 Apr    Mickleover            (Home)                3 points
          Sat  22 Apr     Ashton United      (Away)                 3 points
                                                                                      ________
           TOTAL POINTS TARGET                                   27 Points
                                                                                      ________

Obviously it would take a miracle to achieve the above. 

Last edited by Matchman (12/3/2017 9:53 PM)

12/3/2017 10:15 PM  #2

Re: Relegation Escape Plan

That schedule might even test my optimism! I wonder what odds you can get on us escaping relegation? Keep believing!!!!!!

13/3/2017 11:52 AM  #3

There's no question we are going to finish in one of the relegation places so with the pressure off lets enjoy our remaining matches in the Premier Division and try to get as many points as possible. It would be nice if the fans who have stayed away now return for this season's final games at this level. Come back and don't punish yourselves any longer.  We are Ilkeston where there's always something happening.  This season has been a setback but we'll be definitely be back. Our brilliant fans who went to Grantham experienced the joy of being a football supporter. We all want those days to return on a regular basis and they will. Together we can push for promotion next year.

13/3/2017 12:46 PM  #4

I think a lot of fans are not worried about points gained I think they are more concerned about the club not existing any more. I think will only be able to focus on action on the pitch when the off the field action has been explained or rectified. I can understand how they feel because there is little or no information coming out of the club. When this happens it is easy for rumours and suppositions to become the apparant truth. I hope the club will be able to make a statement as soon as possible to calm the frayed nerves especially about tomorrow night scheduled fixture!

Board footera