WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

14/3/2017 11:55 AM  #1

Ilkeston v Stafford Rangers UPDATES

Ilkeston entertain Stafford Rangers tonight confidently expecting thelights to be working and the players like Saturday all to be there! The game may be seen as a bit of a side show but Ilkeston will be looking for three points to build on the vastly improved performance away at Grantham in midweek. Stafford are not on the other hand the Giants of non league football they used to be but they obviously will be looking to build on this season to returnto former glories!

14/3/2017 4:01 PM  #2

Re: Ilkeston v Stafford Rangers UPDATES

The game is definitely on tonight. The generator is back.

14/3/2017 11:21 PM  #3

Re: Ilkeston v Stafford Rangers UPDATES

Owing to technical problems (I.e. Phone lost charge) there were no updates. However Ilkeston lost 2-1 to Stafford Rangers. A familiar story as Ilkeston sterted very brightly then conceded two soft goals in quick succession. A severe loss looked on the cards as heads seem to go down but after the break the Robins fought back and Louis Rose scored an excellent goal. Towards the end Stafford were time wasting to preserve their lead which must be seen as a compliment to an Ilkeston team who rarely looked like scoring.
And yes the game kicked off late due to problems with the floodlights but for once I was not complaining because I had a prior engagement and was already half an hour late. I was pleasantly surprised that I got to see the whole game!

Board footera