WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/10/2022 8:33 AM  #1

Jonathan Margetts rejects the chance to join Ilkeston

From Rutland & Stamford Mercury

Stamford AFC striker Jonathan Margetts rejects the chance to join Ilkeston Town
Six goals, six points with back-to-back clean sheets and their leading goalscorer pledging his future to the club have heralded a superb return to action for the Daniels.They were 4-0 winners over Daventry on Saturday in their first competitive match for 18 days as they returned to their Northern Premier League Midlands Division campaign in style.That was followed by an excellent 2-0 away success at Shepshed Dynamo on Tuesday, courtesy of two goals in the final eight minutes from skipper Sean Wright and ace marksman Jonathan Margetts.

It took Margetts' goal tally for the season to 10 in as many games which has prompted a transfer approach from Southern League Premier Division Central side Ilkeston Town. However, the former Tranmere Rovers and Lincoln City striker has rejected the Robins' advances, much to the delight of Stamford manager Graham Drury.

He said: "All credit to my lads because some of them have had some amazing offers put their way over the past couple of seasons."It just proves that we do things right. I've got a connection with the players where they enjoy what they do and how it's done.  "There is nothing more rewarding than a player saying that they want to stop and play for me."It's a such a buzz to think that we've got this loyal group and it shows what a good changing room we have.”The success on Tuesday night moved Stamford back up to fourth place in the table, four points behind league leaders Halesowen with a game in hand. 

Last edited by Matchman (10/10/2022 8:40 AM)

10/10/2022 9:06 AM  #2

Re: Jonathan Margetts rejects the chance to join Ilkeston

Gosh! I thought Jack Duffy might be the target 

Board footera