WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

04/11/2022 5:13 PM  #1

During the World Cup

There are No Premier League matches after Sunday 13 Nov until Monday 26th December  
If Premier League football fans feel the need to attend a live match during the World Cup  then non league clubs could benefit.
We have three home games, Barwell. Kings Langley and Tamworth.   

Sat 19 Nov    No match
Tue 22 Nov   Barwell    (H)
Sat 26 Nov    Kings Langley    (H)
Sat 03 Dec    Redditch     (A)
Sat 10 Dec    Tamworth     (H)
Sat 17 Dec     Leiston      (A)  

Our match against the league leaders is the big one and should attract a good attendance with plenty expected to travel from Tamworth. 

After what happened when we went to Tamworth ie
          Our fans were segregated
         Martin Carruthers was spat at
         Our supporters bus was attacked and two windows smashed 

this fixture has an extra edge to it.   

We need to forgive and forget. Let’s not hold a grudge. The league will be watching so we need the match to be trouble free.    

Last edited by Matchman (04/11/2022 6:49 PM)

05/11/2022 11:29 AM  #2

Re: During the World Cup

Matchman wrote:

There are No Premier League matches after Sunday 13 Nov until Monday 26th December  
If Premier League football fans feel the need to attend a live match during the World Cup  then non league clubs could benefit.
We have three home games, Barwell. Kings Langley and Tamworth.   

Sat 19 Nov    No match
Tue 22 Nov   Barwell    (H)
Sat 26 Nov    Kings Langley    (H)
Sat 03 Dec    Redditch     (A)
Sat 10 Dec    Tamworth     (H)
Sat 17 Dec     Leiston      (A)  

Our match against the league leaders is the big one and should attract a good attendance with plenty expected to travel from Tamworth. 

After what happened when we went to Tamworth ie
          Our fans were segregated
         Martin Carruthers was spat at
         Our supporters bus was attacked and two windows smashed 

this fixture has an extra edge to it.   

We need to forgive and forget. Let’s not hold a grudge. The league will be watching so we need the match to be trouble free.    

i am away that weekend but a gutted in a way i am missing this game as i was going to meet a few Tamworth fans who i met in town at Tamworth for a few beers . Myself , Simon and Salty had a great chat with a some of their fans who i organised to have a drink with before hand.  I was hoping to retuen the favour but like i said i am away that weekend. Yet again the trouble that was witnessed was by the teenage element which i an sorry to say is creeping into the non league game more. I am not saying all teenagers are like this thank goodness most of them are great. Personally i think it will go to far one day with fans being seriously injured , i think i was very lucky when i got kicked in the head at Chasetown the lump on my head was huge. I honestly think if i had another kick i would have been hospitalised. 
I hope nothing really bad happens on the day and the football comes out on top hopefully with a win . 

Board footera