WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

29/10/2022 10:36 AM  #1

When we go to Leiston

I struck up a friendship with the Leiston FC Chairman when they visited us in August. I recently sent him a copy of our 2021-21 Yearbook and he sent me this reply. 

Hi John, Well, that was a pleasant surprise to receive the booklet in the post and thanks for that. As yet I have not had a chance to read it so am looking forward to doing so when my football duties allow. I still remember well our first game of the season at Ilkeston and the great hospitality we received and the kind Chairman who bought me a drink or two. What a nice and friendly club with excellent facilities. Its even better to see you are now climbing the division after a very shaky start. We seem to be flying at the moment , but if it will last is the million dollar question. Looking forward to seeing you in December and if there is anything that you need then please do not hesitate to let me know. However please give me some notice as it can very difficult to move the engines here. If I remember correctly , you will be coming in fancy dress. Thanks once again for the booklet. See you in December 

Keith, Leiston FC

Leiston's supporters who made the long journey to Ilkeston were mightily impressed with the welcome they received and the friendliness of our supporters at the NMG. Several of their supporters tweeted their appreciation.

Our trip to Leiston on 17th December is our longest away trip and it's just before Christmas which may put off some supporters but I think it's going to be a great day out.

Leiston are currently 2nd in the league but their average home attendance is only 211. Their best attendance so far is 268 when they played Kings Langley. It would be nice if we could better that. 

Last edited by Matchman (29/10/2022 12:33 PM)

02/11/2022 11:14 AM  #2

Re: When we go to Leiston

There are only two more away days before we make the long journey to Leiston.  

Away days are currently quite spaced out. 

Our last away game at Royston was on Sat 15th Oct 

After a 4 week gap the next away game is Nuneaton on Sat 12th Nov  

3 weeks later we travel to Redditch on Sat  3rd Dec 

2 weeks after that it’s Leiston on Sat 17th Dec  

The supporters coach to Leiston leaves the ground at 7 30 am . It’s a full day out as we won’t arrive home much before 10pm. The 180 miles journey time is approximately 3hours 45 mins and there will be comfort breaks both directions.  As it’s the last away game before Christmas, fancy dress is optional.  If you would like travel on the Supporters bus the cost is £25. Book your seat for this epic day out by contacting Zane on 07840 343707.

Last edited by Matchman (02/11/2022 11:19 AM)

15/11/2022 4:09 PM  #3

Re: When we go to Leiston

The date we are scheduled to visit Leiston (17th December) is the date of the FA Trophy 3rd Round.
At the moment Leiston are still in the FA Trophy. 
If they win their second round tie against Alvechurch this Saturday (19th November) then our trip to Leiston will be off.
The match will have to be re-arranged and it's then likely to be a midweek evening match and a very late return.

Last edited by Matchman (15/11/2022 4:35 PM)

Board footera