WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

06/1/2023 8:28 PM  #1

Sat 14 Jan 23 : Kings Langley v Ilkeston : ko 1pm

Ilkeston Town FC @ilkestontown_fc  
𝗞𝗜𝗖𝗞-𝗢𝗙𝗙 𝗧𝗜𝗠𝗘 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗡𝗚𝗘
Please note that our away fixture at @KLFCofficial on Saturday, January 14 will now kick off at 1pm.

1:07 pm · 6 Jan 2023 

Last edited by Matchman (06/1/2023 8:34 PM)

06/1/2023 9:39 PM  #2

Re: Sat 14 Jan 23 : Kings Langley v Ilkeston : ko 1pm

Do we know why?

07/1/2023 10:32 PM  #3

Our next opponents, Kings Langley are making a determined bid to pull away from the relegation area and are now unbeaten in their last three matches.They beat Hitchin away 4-2 then had a very creditable 1-1 draw against Leiston.
In their last game they won 2-1 at Stratford Town.

Last edited by Matchman (10/1/2023 1:38 PM)

11/1/2023 3:33 PM  #4

Kings Langley FC @KLFCofficial 
We look to continue our unbeaten start to 2023 with the visit of @Ilkestontown_fc on Saturday. This fixture will see us pay tribute to KLFC supporter Matt Allcock who was sadly taken from us 4 years ago. As always, buying tickets online in advance saves you money!  

BUY TICKETS HERE 

Adults  £10
Concessions  £7
Under 18s   £2

Last edited by Matchman (11/1/2023 3:35 PM)

12/1/2023 6:06 AM  #5

Top six before Kings Langley match

P    W   D   L   F    A    +/-   Pts
1   Tamworth                25  15   6    4  56  26  +30   51
------------------------------------------------------------------------
2   Nuneaton Borough  25  15   6   4   44  27  +17   51
3   Leiston                     23  14   6   3   58  28  +30   48
4   Rushall Olympic       25  14   5   6   42  27  +15   47
5   Coalville Town          21  12   5   4   49  27  +22   41
------------------------------------------------------------------------
6   Ilkeston Town          24   10   7   7   43  32  +11   37 

The teams in the playoff positions all won last weekend. From Ilkeston’s perspective, Rushall may be the team to catch but they’re very much in form, winning six of their last seven matches. We’re ten points behind them which is  big deficit to claw back. All we can do is keep winning and hope that one or more of the teams above us has a melt down. One thing in our favour is that we still have home matches to come against Nuneaton, Rushall and Coalville. We play Coalville at home and Leiston away this month and we must win both games if we are to close the gap.
Meanwhile we need win well at Kings Langley 

These are the fixtures for Saturday 14th January 2023 
Rushden v Rushall
Barwell v Stourbridge
Basford v Alvechurch
Bromsgrove v Bedford
Hednesford v St Ives
Kings Langley v Ilkeston
Mickleover v Hitchin
Royston v Stratford 

Tamworth, Nuneaton, Leiston and Coalville have no league match so this gives us the opportunity pull three points back. 

The following Tuesday when we travel to Hednesford, Coalville travel to Alvechurch and Nuneaton play Basford 

Fixtures for Tuesday 17th January 2023
Alvechurch v Coalville
Hednesford v Ilkeston
Needham Market v Barwell
Nuneaton v Basford

Last edited by Matchman (12/1/2023 6:08 AM)

12/1/2023 5:30 PM  #6

CHRIS WINTON - FIRST INTERVIEW   BY DANNY KNIGHTS

Having been announced as our new first team manager, we sat down with Chris Winton to discuss his return to the club

Why have you decided to come back to Kings Langley?
Kings Langley is a special club, and it was a no brainer when the call came from the Chairman Darren. At that the time I was speaking to another club, and I was weighing up grasping that opportunity. It was however an easy decision to come back; I love the club after the time I had here as assistant manager to Steve Conroy. A club that always looked after me in my first role in senior football having come from an academy background. The people behind the scenes were always supportive in the challenging times and it’s so nice to see so many still here. The supporters were always great with me and Connie win, lose or draw, so the chance to help was a no brainer. 

Who have you got working with you behind the scenes and in the dugout? 
So, I have recruited some familiar faces into the management. 
Alex Tokarczyk (Assistant Manager) - Needs no introduction to the KL faithful. He is someone I have taken with me to Walton and St Albans as player always showed this and we have been working for the same education provider – Alex and I share similar ideas, morals as well as playing style and principles. He is a fantastic coach to boot and has been impressive in his first role in management in our brief time in charge.
Liam Walsh (1st Team Coach) – Someone who is also familiar to the club being the U18 manager a few seasons back. Liam is someone who has also had 1st team coaching experience at Walton Casuals. His planning and organizational skills marry up nicely with his extensive knowledge and detail. 
Laurie Allen (1st Team Coach) – Laurie’s first season in senior football having come a youth development background. Laurie is someone who can galvanise a group and is an important cog in the machine. Laurie has doubled up his coaching role with an analysis role to ensure we are trying to gain advantages and round off the weaknesses.
Ellie Jewiss (Physio) – Ellie has stayed on from the previous management team and has been excellent in my brief time back at Kings. A medical professional within the partnership UCLH, allowing the players the extensive care needed to keep them players in decent shape, managing load and the rehabilitation of any Long-Term Injuries like Erin Amu. 
Dec Eliot (Kit man) - Like Ellie, Dec stayed on from the previous regime and ensures all the kit needs are met and does not take any rubbish off the boys! Again, an integral part of the group and someone the boys love to be around!
Jamie Sharp (Assistant Kit man) – Jamie, another new member of staff, bought on board for his comic sense of humour – him and Dec make a good team. Jamie won the hearts of the players with his initiation song recently!! The best initiation I have scene not many come close!!
Sam Acres – (1st team Analyst/Recruitment) is our newest and final addition to the team.Sam is student of assistant manager Alex at the Beaconsfield College program. Sam has an eye for players and can tell you everything about teams and players. He will be an invaluable member of the group.

Where do you feel you can lead this team, come the end of the season and what will you aim to achieve in the long term?
Ultimately the short-term goal is to stay up and keep the club at step 3 which is going to be a massive challenge and although we have had a good response since coming in there is going to be bumps ahead with many twists and turn... So, we aren't looking at the table too much and just focussing game by game and trying to keep the points ticking over. In the long term our aim is to produce a team that makes the club and its supporters proud and with that success should follow – I would like an FA Cup run, having experienced one at St Albans its certainly something I’d like the club and the supporters to experience. 

We have already seen some movement amongst players since your arrival, will you be looking to add more? If so in what areas?
Like I said previously the phone was red hot speaking to players, clubs and agents and it really was unrelenting in that first few weeks. The squad is now a little more settled and you can see the partnerships, relationship and understandings are solidifying week upon week. We are always tracking players and keeping eye on anything that is going to add value to our group.
Out
Harry Crawford - Unassigned
Aryan Tajbakhsh - Unassigned
James Ewington – Ware 
Chima Udoka – Weymouth
James Mulley – Welwyn Garden City 
Haff Al Droubi – Hendon 
Brad Wadkins – Berkhamsted
In 
Joe Chidyausiku - Barton Rovers 
Sami Bessadi – Weymouth 
Isaac Galliford – Berkhamsted 
Andronicos Georgiuo - On loan from Haringey Borough
Ken Feyi – Chesham United 

Kings Langley FC would thank all outbound players for their effort and hardwork since arriving at The Orbital Fasteners Stadium

Last edited by Matchman (12/1/2023 5:31 PM)

13/1/2023 10:01 AM  #7

Following the signings of a new goalkeeper and forward, should we be confident of a win at Kings Langley? Some may say it normally takes a few games for new players to settle in but hopefully we will get quick results. We're obviously hoping that Leroy Lita can be the regular goal scorer that we've been missing since Montel Gibson left. He's done it for Hednesford who are struggling so he should be able to do it for us. Can't wait to see him in action. After Kings Langley he's back at his old stamping ground, Hednesford on Tuesday night. That should be interesting.

Last edited by Matchman (13/1/2023 10:02 AM)

13/1/2023 9:12 PM  #8

There is expected to be only limited twitter coverage of tomorrow's match at Kings Langley due to a lack media of personnel available.   However, there will be updates as normal here on WhiteBall. Don't forget it's a 1pm kickoff.

Last edited by Matchman (13/1/2023 9:19 PM)

20/1/2023 7:58 AM  #9

According to Football Web Pages this match will now be played on Monday 27th March 2023 - kickoff 7 45pm

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/ilkeston-town/fixtures-results

Last edited by Matchman (20/1/2023 9:01 AM)

Board footera