WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

06/3/2023 9:32 PM  #1

Alex Troke signs for Carlton

POPULAR FORMER MILLER RETURNS TO STOKE LANE !

The club are delighted to announce the return to Stoke Lane of former star Alex Troke from Ilkeston Town Fc.
The former Notts County youngster helped the Millers to Nottinghamshire Senoir cup wins in the 2013/ 2014 and 2016/2017 seasons and played a particular pivotal role in the 2017 win against Basford United at Meadow Lane.
From memory, Troke was down as a substitute for the final , but an injury to Niall Davey in the warm up meant he started the game and by that twist of fate, had a brilliant game and was a key reason Carlton the massive underdogs in the final won the game 4-1.
He went off to have fantastic success with both Coalville Town and Ilkeston Town, but after a spell on the sidelines at Ilkeston following injury, he has decided he wants to come back to Carlton Town and help the Millers fight for survival at step 4.
Tommy Brookbanks told us, “He has taken a substantial reduction in wages to come back, because he has a special place in his heart for the club given his previous happy times here”
“I would like to thank Ilkeston Town owner Andy Nally for his dealings with me to allow this to happen as Alex was on contract and of course Alex himself, they have both been brilliant to be honest and on behalf of the club, I would like to express my gratitude, everyone knows the situation we are in and positive help is greatly appreciated ”

06/3/2023 9:58 PM  #2

Re: Alex Troke signs for Carlton

Not happy to be honest with this one but i can see why.

Questions need to be answered.

1. What has the doctors said about his foot?

2. Does he need a op?

3. If no, why hasnt he been in our squad?

Thanks for all of your efforts mate

06/3/2023 10:46 PM  #3

Alex wrote:

Not happy to be honest with this one but i can see why.

Questions need to be answered.

1. What has the doctors said about his foot?

2. Does he need a op?

3. If no, why hasnt he been in our squad?

Thanks for all of your efforts mate

#####################################################################

Yes, it seems a bit strange considering that we've had a few games recently when we haven't had a full sub bench.
Saturday at Bromsgrove we had only four subs. If Alex is now fit why wasn't he on our bench?

Last edited by Matchman (07/3/2023 3:44 AM)

07/3/2023 5:52 PM  #4

When Alex Troke joined Ilkeston he was a major player and was our leading goalscorer. He could play as a striker or in midfield and was popular with supporters. Unfortunately his non-football foot injury brought his Ilkeston career to a premature end.
It will be interesting to see how Alex Troke does at Carlton having not played for months due to his injury. Andy Nally made Tommy Brookbanks aware of this but Carlton still wanted him. So Alex must have convinced Brookbanks that he could do a job for them

07/3/2023 10:16 PM  #5

Alex Troke played for 82 minutes tonight for Carlton before being substituted. 

Begs the question - Why couldn't he be on the bench for us when we didn't have a full compliment of substitutes three days ago at Bromsgrove?.

Last edited by Matchman (07/3/2023 10:46 PM)

08/3/2023 9:49 AM  #6

Why can't someone from the club tell us these things? If Alex is fit enough to play 80 minutes for Carlton why hasn't he been on the bench for us in the last few games? As has been said, we haven't had a full bench for one or two games. I appreciate they're not going to tell us everything, but some things they could keep us in the loop. Media relations have to improve at the club. 

08/3/2023 10:00 AM  #7

82 minutes for carlton =£100

Sat on the bench for us = a lot more then playing for carlton.

This is my view

08/3/2023 5:15 PM  #8

Trowell Nicky wrote:

Why can't someone from the club tell us these things? If Alex is fit enough to play 80 minutes for Carlton why hasn't he been on the bench for us in the last few games? As has been said, we haven't had a full bench for one or two games. I appreciate they're not going to tell us everything, but some things they could keep us in the loop. Media relations have to improve at the club. 

Alex being fit enough for 82 minutes at Carlton Town but not being fit to play for us is a good question which perhaps only Alex can answer. I can see however that its not a good look. I do know that when I worked more actively in media relations at the club there were many times that for legal reasons we could not tell people exactly what was going on. I am not saying that that is the case with Alex Troke but I think Alex has not been the key player he was when he first joined the club and the injury that he picked up outside of football has lessened his impact.

Overall the club need more volunteers own a match day to make it more professional so Trowell if you'r the man I can pass on your name!! Only joking! Ive had to emigrate to Northumberland to escape and I can see myself already being sucked in at Alnwick Town! A pre season friendly would be good though Alnwick Town v Ilkeston Town MAGIC

Board footera