WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

30/4/2023 9:36 AM  #1

Which League next season?

There are six places to fill in the Northern Prem (after two teams are promoted and four relegated at the end of this season) 
The 8 teams coming down to Step 3 from National North and South are; 
       Nat League North : Kettering, Leamington Bradford, Telford
       Nat League South : Dulwich, Concord, Cheshunt Hungerford. 
(Bradford are the only Northern team in the above)

Teams being promoted from Step 4 :
NPL East : Worksop and Long Eaton
NPL West :Macclesfield and Workington
NPL Mid : Stamford and Halesowen
Isthmian North : Hashtag and Sudbury
Isthmian South Cent : Basingstoke  + one other
Isthmian South East : Chatham + one other
Southern Central : Berkhamsted + one other
Southern South : Totton + one other 

There will be 6 teams to go into Northern Premier League and 18 teams go into the other 3 Step 3 Leagues   

Northern Prem (6)      3 Southern Step 3 Leagues (18) 
Relegated from NLNorth)       Bradford                  Kettering Leamington Telford
Relegated from NL South                                       all 4 relegated teams
Promoted NPL East        Worksop Long Eaton
Promoted NPL West    Macclesfield Workington
Promoted NPL Mids                                                Stamford Halesowen
3 Isthmian leagues                                                  all 6 teams into Southern
2 Southern leagues                                                 all 4 teams into Southern   

The above shows 5 Northern teams (Bradford, Worksop Long Eaton, Macclesfield and Workington) and 19 Southern teams.
That would mean that a Southern team has to be moved into the Northern Prem 

That team could well be Ilkeston Town   

Last edited by Matchman (30/4/2023 9:42 AM)

30/4/2023 11:59 AM  #2

Re: Which League next season?

Surely Ilkeston Basford and Mickleover will go north before Long Eaton do?

30/4/2023 12:59 PM  #3

I was told that Basford and Mickleover requested  a move into the Southern League last season. Because of that they must stay in the Southern League for 3 seasons. Ilkeston did not make such a request.

Anyway is only guesswork. League allocations will be announced by the FA  mid May.

30/4/2023 7:15 PM  #4

Both Micklrover and slightly further south than Ilkeston I believe. It may only be a matter of yards but that’s how tight it is when you do a north/south split. As I am in Northumberland I will at least get to see Ilkeston play the Mighty Morpeth Town!

01/5/2023 10:06 AM  #5

Can we add photos to our posts?

01/5/2023 1:53 PM  #6

Alex wrote:

Can we add photos to our posts?

i think you can but you have to use a website to upload your picture than you can use their copy and paste a link. 

01/5/2023 6:44 PM  #7

Is this what you were trying to post? They are somebody projections (guesswork) but it does look like we will be going north. Long Eaton United are placed in the Southern League in this projection oddly enough. Does somebody in the FA not like them?

01/5/2023 8:15 PM  #8

That's it mate

01/5/2023 8:41 PM  #9

As I live just 25 minutes from Morpeth Town's ground I would be happy with that!

02/5/2023 4:41 AM  #10

Have you been to watch them yet?

Have you had chance to speck to ex Robin Dan lowson?

02/5/2023 6:51 AM  #11

The difference between this list and mine is 
The above list includes Basford and Mickleover
My list includes Long Eaton and Stafford Rangers

If, as most people think, Ilkeston go into the Northern Premier League, there are lots of good away trips (Whitby) and several grounds I've not been to.

02/5/2023 8:58 AM  #12

Alex wrote:

Have you been to watch them yet?

Have you had chance to speck to ex Robin Dan lowson?

I went to watch them play South Shields they lost 1-0 and there was over nearly 2000 there it was rammed and they had to delay the kick off. Therefore I did not get anywhere near Dan. He is a folk hero at Morpeth. He is twice as wide as he was at Ilson but still an excellent keeper. The ground is a good way out of the town near the A1 and in thick woodland. There are some cracking pubs in Morpeth town centre though!

02/5/2023 9:17 PM  #13

We will go north

Board footera