WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

04/3/2023 10:23 PM  #1

Joe Wilson

Has he left ? Understand he lives in Reading, has the travelling become too much?

06/3/2023 4:27 PM  #2

Re: Joe Wilson

I think it was by mutual agreement. It was a long way for Joe to travel for each game.
From Ilkeston's viewpoint :  If we had been in with a chance of making the playoffs,  I think we would have kept him but once that playoff possibility all but disappeared it was a matter of reducing the wage bill to a more manageable level. I don't know how much Joe was being paid but we would have also been covering his travel costs. Another consideration is that we have several players who given the opportunity could slot into his position. 

14/5/2023 1:11 PM  #3

Looks like he might be playing in the conference next season. Oxford city winning 4-0

14/5/2023 3:57 PM  #4

Ilkeston Town even got a mention! In the second play of Ex Robin Amari Morgan-Smith is up front for Kidderminster Harriers. Also Ashley Hemmings who after an hour had scored two is I believe the son of Ex Robin Tony Hemmings!

14/5/2023 4:16 PM  #5

I now believe it is Kane Hemmings who is the son of Tony Hemmings not Ashley! Shame?

14/5/2023 9:08 PM  #6

Joe Wilson came on as a second half substitute for Oxford City today in their 4-0 National League South playoff final victory over St Albams City. Next season Oxford City will be in the National League. Good luck Joe.

Last edited by Matchman (14/5/2023 9:11 PM)

Board footera