WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

25/5/2023 6:09 AM  #1

Zane joins Basford

NEW SIGNING: ZAYN HAKEEM     BY MARC WILLIAMS

Talisman bolsters the front line...We’re delighted to confirm the signing of forward Zayn Hakeem, who becomes our sixth summer signing after arriving from Shepshed Dynamo. A former Antigua and Barbuda U20 international, Hakeem began life at Nottingham Forest before joining Mansfield Town, making his professional debut as a 17-year-old in a 0-0 draw against Cambridge United and spent some time on loan at both Corby and Coalville Town.On his release from the Stags in 2019, he signed for then-National League North side Bradford (Park Avenue) before joining Barwell, Coleshill Town and Worksop Town over a two-year spell. Later signing for Stamford and Anstey Nomads, Hakeem then made the switch to Shepshed last year, scoring the only goal against United in a 1-0 friendly win at the Dovecoat Stadium back in July. He scored 19 times and tallied ten assists in all competitions for Dynamo last season and was presented the club’s top goalscorer award. On an international stage, he has scored four times in seven appearances for his nation, including twice against Bermuda in 2016 in the qualifying tournament for the U20 CONCACAF Championships a year later.

Last edited by Matchman (25/5/2023 9:50 AM)

25/5/2023 9:17 AM  #2

Re: Zane joins Basford

I thought you meant Zane “the bus” Henson at first reading! I was panicking thinking how is everybody going to get to the game. Then it struck me that if Zane transferred to Basford he would be visiting the same grounds he had already planned to go to and if he lets the fans drink more they would not know if they were watching Ilson or Basford!
Then I read the story more carefully and realised panic over all is well with World and it is not our Zane!!

Board footera