WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/6/2023 4:00 PM  #1

Jason Cowley sold to Hereford

DATE: MON 12 JUN 2023     BY STEVE WHITNEY 
Glassboys Striker Sold to Hereford
Despite announcing that Stourbridge had taken up the contract option on striker Jason Cowley last week, the 27-year-old has now been sold to Vanarama National League North side Hereford FC for an undisclosed fee.

The Glassboys extended Cowley’s contract following on from his outstanding contribution last season when he scored 29 goals. Cowley re-joined Stourbridge in June 2021 from league rivals Bromsgrove Sporting. He signed for the Rouslers in early October 2020 following the sad demise of Macclesfield Town, who he had joined a month earlier. He began his career with Midland League Division Two side Redditch Borough back in 2015, where he scored 26 goals in just 19 appearances for the Worcestershire outfit before having a brief spell with Southern Premier Division neighbours Redditch United. The tenacious and hard-working frontman continued his devastating vein of form with Bromsgrove, as he hit an incredible 107 goals in 128 appearances for the Rouslers as they secured three consecutive promotions in the process. He is also prone to the spectacular, as proven by a phenomenal strike against Corby Town back in March 2019 which prompted calls for it to be nominated for the FIFA Puskás Award! He signed for Stevenage in the summer of 2019 and scored 5 times in 14 starts. In addition to this, he also enjoyed a brief loan spell with National League side Solihull Moors prior to the March 2020 lockdown.
Hereford manager Paul Caddis told https://www.herefordfc.co.uk: “I am absolutely thrilled to bring Jason Cowley to the club and I believe he can be a huge success for us. We have fought off serious competition for Jason’s signature and we are delighted he has decided to come to Edgar Street.
“As well as being Stourbridge’s top scorer with almost 30 goals, Jason also picked up the players’ and supporters’ player of the season awards, which means he’s another player we have signed who picked up accolades at their previous club.
“Our new number 9 is a quick, all-action front man, who has a fire in his belly to be a constant nuisance to opposition defenders. He has also shown he is clinical in front of goal with a record last season of 29 goals in 40 games – a great return for a striker at any level. Jason has EFL experience and he will bring us the threat I feel this club has missed in previous seasons at the top end of the pitch.
“I firmly believe Jason is another huge addition to our squad and I really can’t wait to get going when all the players return for the first day of pre-season on Tuesday 20th June, when preparation can really begin for what I expect to be an exciting season ahead”.

Jason Cowley was the 3rd highest goalscorer in the Southern League Premier Central last season. He scored Stourbridge’s 85th minute equaliser when we won 2-1 on 25th March at Stourbridge.
Kieran Fenton put us ahead just before half time and Remaye Campbell scored the 90th minute winner.

Last edited by Matchman (12/6/2023 4:04 PM)

Board footera