WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

04/8/2023 6:26 PM  #1

Incomings

Busy day. If I've got it right, today we've signed:

Basile Zottos - winger. I thought we'd already signed him? Has shown flashes of ability and he's only 20 so you have to give him a chance . He might develop into a good player.

Eli Christie - fullback. Has a good attitude and good application and has pace and has shown flashes of good ability, but he also seems to have a tendancy to pass the ball to the opposition.

Connor Dixon - midfielder. Looked like a good player when we had him on loan last year. Wasn't he on loan from Derby and left us for Farsley Celtic?

Nathan Tyson -winger/forward. Might be 41, but he oozes class. Blatantly obvious he's played at a higher level. This year's Adam Chapman/Lee Tomlin/Leroy Lita.

Jamie Walker - winger. Fan - bloody - tastic. One of the sweetest left feet you'll see in non-league football.

So if Jamie Walker is crossing from the left, and Sembie-Ferris/Zottos is crossing from the right, who's in the middle getting his head on these crosses? Can Nathan Tyson play that role? Or how about a certain centre-forward who's just left Long Eaton?

And who have we got to play alongside Fenton at centre-back?

Feeling a bit more optimistic after today, but we still need a couple of big lads, one at the back and one up front.

Last edited by Trowell Nicky (05/8/2023 11:09 AM)

04/8/2023 6:48 PM  #2

Re: Incomings

Trowell Nicky wrote:

Busy day. If I've got it right, today we've signed:

Basile Zottos - winger. I thought we'd already signed him? Has shown flashes of ability and he's only 20 so you have to give him a chance . He might develop into a good player.

Eli Christie - fullback. Has a good attitude and good application and has pace and has shown flashes of good ability, but he also seems to have a tendancy to pass the ball to the opposition.

Scott Dixon - midfielder. Looked like a good player when we had him on loan last year. Wasn't he on loan from Derby and left us for Farsley Celtic?

Nathan Tyson -winger/forward. Might be 41, but he oozes class. Blatantly obvious he's played at a higher level. This year's Adam Chapman/Lee Tomlin/Leroy Lita.

Jamie Walker - winger. Fan - bloody - tastic. One of the sweetest left feet you'll see in non-league football.

So if Jamie Walker is crossing from the left, and Sembie-Ferris/Zottos is crossing from the right, who's in the middle getting his head on these crosses? Can Nathan Tyson play that role? Or how about a certain centre-forward who's just left Long Eaton?

And who have we got to play alongside Fenton at centre-back?

Feeling a bit more optimistic after today, but we still need a couple of big lads, one at the back and one up front.

The last sentence is what i am thinking ..... 

05/8/2023 12:27 PM  #3

With all the in comings I suppose it like starting pre season again.

05/8/2023 12:39 PM  #4

Could mean we have to wait for a few games for the team to start gelling. 

Board footera