WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

23/5/2017 9:56 PM  #1

Winding Up!

Ilkeston Football Club have been issued with a winding up order bought by an Australian company called Hire Intelligence Ltd. This is either part of the takeover process or the club are in serious trouble! All the Ilkeston fans who are accountants might be able to let us know exactly what this means for the future of the present Illeston Football Club!

24/5/2017 7:38 AM  #2

Re: Winding Up!

Today appears to be the day when the future of Ilkeston Football Club is defined. The winding up petition looks likely to speed up any takeover moves that are in the offing. Alternatively if the worst happens and the club dies like its predecessor Ilkeston Town there will be a number of different entities looking to use the facilities!
As usual things at Ilkeston Football Club are never as simple as they look and I if am confident of one thing it is that the present situation will be no different!

24/5/2017 1:20 PM  #3

I have been made aware that Ilkeston Football Club have been issued with a winding up petition not a winding up order! Now I am not an accountant but I presume the difference a petition is when a company who is owed money asks the court to tell the company who owes them money to pay up. An order is I think when this debt is still not paid the court then orders the company to pay up or promise to do so or they will wind the company up and liquidate their assets and share them amongst the creditors!
Either way it's best to avoid these things by paying your bills!
It could be that any parties interested in taking over might get it for a better price if the club is under threat of a winding up petition or order! The present owners might be more willing to sell quicker and at a lower if they know there is a chance the club might be wound up and they would get nothing! The people who are likely to lose are those creditors owed money including staff who have not been paid as they would only receive a very small percentage of what they are owed and the fans who will either have no club to support or one whose credibility is in tatters!
All in all its a mess!

26/5/2017 4:02 PM  #4

The date of The wind up petition against Ilkeston Football Club has now been changed to June 5th.
To be honest I think the first date of June 2nd 10:00am was a typo as any interested parties who wished to attend had to give notice by 17:00 on June 2nd which would be a little late as the main show and amusements would have kicked off and be finished by then!
It does not fill you with confidence that this office know what they are doing! The Tony Kempster NonLeagueMatters forum pointed this error out a couple of days ago. Obviously the winding up people are NonLeagueMatters fans!
However it still means that the "takeover"  needs to happen ver very soon! Fingers crossed!

02/6/2017 3:54 PM  #5

Big day on Monday for Ilkeston Football Club! The club could be wound up or start down that route! One scenario that has been mentioned is that a potential buyer is waiting until the club becomes insolvent so that can buy it off the liduidators cheaper and virtually debt free! The draw back is obviously the question of what league the club will end up in. Hopefully the club will have new progressive owners by next week and we'll stay in the Evo Stik League. The next best scenario is probably a hook up with Aston United! This has the advantage of being a club with a proven infrastructure but not many fans whereas Ilkeston could become a club with no infrastructure but a potentially large fan base. The third option is a fan owned community club which in many ways  looks a very attractive option! The problem here may be getting the infrastructure ready in time for next season and getting what is quite a divided fan base working together!
Hopefully by next week the way forward will become clearer but then again I have said this before many times this season and we are still no wiser!

Board footera