WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

27/6/2017 11:21 AM  #1

Liquidation

Ilkeston Football Club are now in the hands of the liquidators who I presume will be either looking for a buyer for the clubs assets or just working out their bill whilst picking over the bones of the second Ilkeston club to go bust over the last seven years. The chances of anybody buying the assets as a football club are one slimmer than slim! My thoughts go out to all the creditors and those who are owed wages etc and hopefully they will get something back! The position of the Ilkeston Academy which is a different company is unknown but it's continued existence must be in doubt!
It look unlikely that there will be any senior football at the NMG next season but the Ilkeston United Community Football Club will no doubt be lobbying hard for use of the ground for the season 2018/19!
Myself and Duncan Payne have talked writing a book about the history of Ilkeston Football Club but both decided that we could not afford the legal bills we would be likely to incur! Maybe one day the truth will be able to be told and maybe some people will be better though of and some people will not! Most fans realise that it is the future that is the more important thing! The reputation of football in Ilkeston cannot get much lower and there will be a lot of repair work to be done!

Board footera