WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

19/7/2017 9:25 AM  #1

Latest

My understanding of the latest situation regarding the future of football at the NMG is that there is only one bidder for the assets of Ilkeston FC. That bidder is almost certainly Alan Hardy. The Erewash Borough Council have considered the proposals and it is now up to the Liquidaters to decide when and if the deal can be announced! It is probably the ongoing negotiations with creditors which is the only hold up although this is only guesswork on my part! Groundstaff were seen on Awsworth Road at 8am this morning! Unfortunately outside the ground and not inside trying to sort out the playing surface!
If it is to be Ilkeston Town FC who play ar the NMG they do already have a schedule of fixtures in the Midland Football League Division One! Whether Alan Hardy has a manager, players and backroom  in mind is unknown but no doubt he will be using the resources he has at Notts County to get the club off the ground! He may even want to use ex Ilson legend and long term Notts secretary Tony Cuthbert to help!
There are still many questions need answering like the position of the IFC Academy and the junior teams but it does look like there will be a football team representing Ilkeston next season and hopefully fans will back this fledgling venture and give it a chance to be successful!

19/7/2017 12:35 PM  #2

Re: Latest

Lets hope so,

19/7/2017 1:21 PM  #3

Re: Latest

Just to clear up the position of Ilkeston FC Academy Ltd according to Companies House they were wound up at the same time as Ilkeston FC and therefore I presume no longer exist! I hope that the students half way through their courses are able link up with other academies and I presume Long Eaton may be taking some of them on! In education there is a responsibility to find them other courses when a course stops existing and I presume it is no different with SCL having a responsibility to get them fixed up with other academies!
I also therefore presume that Nigel Harrop has now no connection with football in Ilkeston! A lot of fans will be delighted with this position but if true it will be the best for Nigel Harrop as well whose health has deteriorated as a result of trying unsuccessfully to sort out the mess he willingly inherited two seasons ago!
One day we will be able to write the story of the last two years but for the time I presume legal constraints will again stop the full truth being told!

Board footera