WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

04/9/2023 8:10 PM  #1

New Manager revealed

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=695057715983106&set=a.555404809948398

Hope we get a bumper crowd on Saturday to welcome him back.

Last edited by Matchman (04/9/2023 8:20 PM)

04/9/2023 8:22 PM  #2

Re: New Manager revealed

And the link on the club's website ...

https://t.co/P2n2NmM7qc

05/9/2023 5:29 AM  #3

Didn't see that one coming

05/9/2023 7:11 AM  #4

Quelle Surprise as they say in France!
Now the club need to concentrate on getting a squad with undoubted potential playing at their best. Ian Deakin and his backroom staff obviously know how to motivate players as his record shows. His relationship with players seems to be one of his many strengths and they have shown in the past tremendous loyalty.
This is the appointment that would have happened years ago had it not been for Ian being hospitalised. It’s now time to show what could have been and what hopefully will be a long and successful tenure.

06/9/2023 9:08 AM  #5

A word from the new management team …

(976) FIRST INTERVIEW | Ian Deakin & Craig Swinscoe - YouTube

Deaks does seem to exude an air of authority and I like the sound of his style of attacking football.

I just hope as fans and as a club we show some patience. Things don’t happen overnight.

Interesting piece on John McGrath, the Mickleover manager, in The Non-League Paper this week. He took over as manager 8 years ago and has seen the highs and lows you’d expect. Yes, they’ve started this season by winning 6 on the bounce but there have been times when they only avoided relegation on the last day of the season. Sounds like they’ve really benefited by having an academy by the way. Over the years, 58 debutants coming out of the academy into the first team. They’ve sold 6, and currently got 4 or 5 playing professional football. Anyway, just a case where an owner has clearly put faith in the manager and given him time to get it right.

Look at Dempsey Arlott-John. He’s played in all 8 league games for Tamworth at Step 2 this season. Sub in the first 3, and starting the last 5. Scored (and was MoM) against Chorley last night. And Tamworth are now 2nd in the league.

Last edited by Trowell Nicky (06/9/2023 9:11 AM)

07/9/2023 8:31 AM  #6

Manager Ian Deakin on BBC Derby Sport last night. Minutes 38-45 ...

Sportscene At Six - 06/09/2023 - BBC Sounds

07/9/2023 4:49 PM  #7

I appreciate lots fo love for Deakin - but no respect so far for Gary Hayward? Is it good to see a recently several times bankrupt team chopping and changing managers with the wind?
From here or on the  'Pitchero' NPL news feed - maybe not a great look? GH seeminly had no chance... so not much better that how he was treated last time around.

07/9/2023 5:50 PM  #8

plymrob wrote:

I appreciate lots fo love for Deakin - but no respect so far for Gary Hayward? Is it good to see a recently several times bankrupt team chopping and changing managers with the wind?
From here or on the  'Pitchero' NPL news feed - maybe not a great look? GH seeminly had no chance... so not much better that how he was treated last time around.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Plymrob. -  There's a bit more to Gary's departure that you probably don't know about. 

07/9/2023 7:21 PM  #9

Maybe so. If justified and known by some, do please share.

Presumably it's also known why Deakin and Long Eaton parted company somewhat out of the blue (also as seen by me from afar)...?

I'm tending to see some connections between the two 'removals', but I'm very happy to learn it was just no more than (hopefully for all) a lucky co-incidence of timing (well, almost)...

BTW.  What happened to the local TV report on GH? If 'themed' about disability, as suggested on here, I'm thinking that could not have reflected too well on ITFC...

Board footera