WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/9/2023 3:04 PM  #1

More signings tonight

Should be around 7 pm when I’m watching training.

12/9/2023 5:43 PM  #2

Re: More signings tonight

Seems like Ian Deakin is wasting no time in getting the squad how he wants it. 

​I have no idea who the new signinga are but I wouldn't mind the return of Montel Gibson. Zak Goodson and Joe Wilson.

Last edited by Matchman (12/9/2023 5:51 PM)

12/9/2023 7:39 PM  #3

One signing is apparently L'Varn Brandy ex Sheffield Wednesday, Chesterfield, Stapleford Town, Allenton United, Derby Singh Brothers and Long Eaton United. He is a forward who signed for Long Eaton in June 2023.

12/9/2023 7:48 PM  #4

Good shout about Zak and Joe but wouldn't want Montel. Yes a good player but Mardy as hell. No thanks .

12/9/2023 9:37 PM  #5

So tonight's headline signing is the return of Zak Goodson. The other three also sound like great signings as they have previously played for Deakin and he rates them highly enough to bring them to Ilkeston. 
Cieron Keane - former Republic of Ireland international.
Sam Parker - was Deakins captain at Long Eaton.
L'Varn Brandy -  signed for Long Eaton but left when Deakin did.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cieron_Keane

https://www.longeatonutd.co.uk/teams/28954/player/samparker-2710176

https://www.longeatonutd.co.uk/news/lvarn-brandy-signs-for-the-blues-2783402.html

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546821015630660/permalink/3507994249513317/

Last edited by Matchman (12/9/2023 9:55 PM)

13/9/2023 6:07 AM  #6

We now have five Long Eaton players: Jamie Walker, Luke Cox, Sam Parkin, Cieron Keane, L’Varn Brandy; plus two Deakin signings from Mansfield ;Taylor Anderson and James Perch. (Jakub Kruszynski has returned to Mansfield following his injury.)

13/9/2023 6:38 PM  #7

Quartet Of Signings At Ilkeston Town

 about 4 hours ago. By James Gordon 

Ilkeston Town have announced the signings of four new additions for the remainder of the 2023/24 season.Newly appointed manager Ian Deakin has brought in three players from his time at Long Eaton United. 

Firstly, joining him at the New Manor Ground is midfielder L’varn Brandy.A former Derby County and Sheffield Wednesday youngster, the 21-year-old has enjoyed spells at Chesterfield, Allenton United and Stapleford Town.On the signing, Ilkeston Town manager Ian Deaking said: “L’Varne is a player that I’m really excited to have on board, he’s technically very good, quick, low centre of gravity. He’s very versatile as an attacking wide player who can play on the right or the left. “He’s got a good pedigree being a young pro at Derby County and Sheffield Wednesday. “He’s exciting to watch, especially in pre-season games against Mansfield Town and Alfreton in pre-season, he’s a player you want to get on the ball.“He will add real quality and dynamic to our attacking play, we’re really happy to have him.”

Joining him at the Robins is his former Long Eaton United captain Sam Parker. The full-back joined the Blues before the start of the 2021/22 season and went on to make 92 appearances for the club. Ian Deakin said: “Sam’s a player who is familiar to me already, he was my captain of our back-to-back promotion-winning side.“He’s got great athleticism, gives his all on the pitch and is a leader on the pitch, which at a young age is rare to find. “He’s a quality left footed player, adding competition for Henri and I think he will be a great asset to the football club, he will only get better as time goes on with his age. “We’re delighted to have him, he brings competition and leadership to our squad. “That competition for places is what I want. I want every player to be hungry to play and have that togetherness in the squad, hopefully he will bring that.”

They have also announced the signing of defender Cieron Keane. Keane, 27, is a former Republic of Ireland U19 international and has made over 80 appearances in the National League. Alongside this, he has also featured for Northern Premier League sides Stafford Rangers and Gainsborough Trinity, and was also a part of the Deakin’s Long Eaton United squad last season. Manager Ian Deakin said: “Cieron is a very experienced former Republic of Ireland international, a central midfield player who will add competition for the existing players already in the squad.“Cieron will add quality, his set piece deliveries are very very good and he’s got a wand of a left foot in terms to shooting from distance. “He is creative, he’s got a wide range of passing and is dynamic in midfield and puts in a good tackle.”

Finally, joining the trio is Zak Goodson, who returns to the club from Chester.The 23-year-old arrived at the Deva Stadium in June from the Robins. He made three appearances for Chester, scoring once in a 3-0 win over King’s Lynn Town. Goodson makes the move back to Derbyshire after wanting more opportunities for first-team football. 

Board footera