WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

30/10/2023 4:21 PM  #1

Macclesfield appoint new Manager

New Macclesfield Manager Appointed

 about an hour ago By James Gordon 

Alex Bruce (son of Steve Bruce) has been unveiled as the new manager of Northern Premier League side Macclesfield.
Bruce will be joined at the Leasing.com Stadium by former Premier League full-back Phil Bardsley as assistant manager, former Manchester United academy manager of 23 years Paul McGuinness as head coach, and Dan Ternent as head of recruitment. Their coaching setup is completed by Peter Band, who will be staying at the football club as first team coach alongside the new coaching staff.
Bruce replaces Mark Duffy, who parted ways with the club after a run of four defeats in five matches left them two points outside of the play-off places. 

Last edited by Matchman (30/10/2023 4:23 PM)

30/10/2023 8:54 PM  #2

Re: Macclesfield appoint new Manager

Very strange decision by a club who I thought were ambitious. I expected them to bring in an experienced and successful manager. This  is a very weak appointment in my opinion.  Maybe they've decided they like it in the Northern Prem. Just my opinion of course but a lot of Macc supporters are also questioning the choice.

Last edited by Matchman (30/10/2023 9:04 PM)

31/10/2023 6:22 PM  #3

Re: Macclesfield appoint new Manager

It would seem the Savage-Bruce love-in continues...? I'm thinking back to BBC '606' stuff. Happily, and hopefully like most, I try to give him and it a wide birth nowadays.

I'm not sure RS's generally broadcast position on giving a new manager time stacks-up in the this situatuion either..?

The thank-you meal (see an earlier WhiteBall thread) clearly exposes the fickle nature of Mr Savage.

Some hyprocrisy..? Absolutely. But just par for the course for the (often too) monied affected classes who own some clubs. Going up a few leagues... the Birmingham & Wayne Rooney scenario anyone...?

Please keep Salford as League2 - and more importantly (for me), Forest Green back to non-league soonest!

Board footera