WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

28/1/2024 8:48 PM  #1

Crisis Looming at Basford?

Chris Munroe
Nothing less than a shocking week in the life of a football club owner of Basford United FC & to be clear Weds we were on the verge of pulling out & calling it a day. I don't say this lightly but this week nothing short of horrendous,  & this covers in the main the continued operation & existence of our club with significant issues put before us that we are powerless to resolve . It ends on a high today with a superb point v 2nd placed Warrington. As a football club Owners we try our best but it never seems enough too some, & again this is aimed at every section of our environment covering 34 teams, 1st team & the legislative bodies that govern us , & I will say to the collective be extremely careful what you wish for. 

Dan White - Chris - please don't post stuff like this it's embarrassing. This week, you and your team binned off two absolute amazing people. I fully appreciate the support you have (financially] put in to the club and you have always been nice to me. That said, and I would say this to you, stop with the self pitying nonsense!Today was a good day for the club, build on it, learn from it. We all want Basford to succeed so maybe take a big step back and let it flurish without your ‘input'. 

Chris Monroe
Dan White you actually are totally unaware of the context of the week but then again shouldn't be . It actually has 5% to do with this your above reference & this week our biggest challenges and frustrations are with the relevant authorities, who are inadvertently trying to finish this football club by not supporting us via a pitch they put in, they own, & has now been condemned as of Monday & failed its grading through no fault of us. Unless it's sorted by May 31st potentially we could say goodbye to BUFC any level unless we, not them, find £240k by 3 months to replace the pitch, that's the scenario. You got £240k loose change by any chance? I haven't/club hasn't, but only 1 family is taking the moral burden of this. As the week has gone on the scenario & solutions are coming forward slowly, but we are still nowhere near any certainty how this will resolve, & no disrespect this is my 100% focus as it should be.Is it an option for us to throw the towel in? accept defeat or put club up for sale ? Maybe/ maybe not, takes £250k per annum to run a 1st team at this level as you will see from clubs going bang in recent weeks. Also the sale price has to match our expectations as owners, we own the £1m Stadia but not the pitch .In terms of what you refer Dom has been one of the best servants at this club over my generation, left with a glowing reference from me , he gave me/ Jo and numerous others such kind comments in his exit official statement, & more importantly is it a good move for him ? I would say 100% so going past this season. .Ref Owen another great lad, needs regular game time after a recent return from a L/T injury, is he going to get this with us in the scrap where in? not my call but Mgt. 1st team management control who they want who they exit, who is up to speed, & how they as managers handle the exit process, but in all cases we expect respect,deliverance & clarity to be paramount, coupled with excellent communication via our media.However the club being still in existence in 2024 is & has to be our collective priority. Whoever is too head it up, players that here, owners that here & supporters who follow, it becomes a non discussion if it isn't in existence through no fault of anyone, I don't want to see this happen & im sure none of us & the Community of Basford do either. And be clear I'm 100% frustrated & warn out by it all, but then have to see us being berated constantly. Whilst this is a right of every fan/ follower, it's tough to take especially after difficult weeks. 

28/1/2024 10:33 PM  #2

Re: Crisis Looming at Basford?

They could do 1 of 3 things

1. Ask to be demoted back to county level because the pitch behind the clubhouse is the one I used to play on against them.

2. Stop at this level and play their academy players. Yes they will go down but they not be paying any wages out.

3. Let it go tits up.

Board footera