WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/9/2025 9:15 AM  #61


Re: Tue 9th Sep 25 : Hednesford v Ilkeston : ko 7 45pm

i wasnt there but what i am hearing is that we played really well against a side who will be looking for promotion, yes it was bad losing as we deserve it . But on the plus side playing very well just goes to show Deaks team can do it . If they can put that into the next game and the future games surely that will be a good thing but time will tell .

 

11/9/2025 2:16 PM  #62


Re: Tue 9th Sep 25 : Hednesford v Ilkeston : ko 7 45pm

pezamb wrote:

You guys are always the calm voice of reason! I sound like a petulant child next to you haha.

Let's hope I'm just catastrophizing!

               ______________________________________________________________


Pezamb, don’t worry, I hurt when we lose, just the same as you do. On the bus coming back from Hednesford I was so disappointed, I didn’t want to talk to anyone. It took me a nights sleep to get over it. 

 

     •Thread Starter
 

11/9/2025 8:39 PM  #63


Re: Tue 9th Sep 25 : Hednesford v Ilkeston : ko 7 45pm

Still a little upset from the result. The ref made a mistake and it has cost us

 

12/9/2025 7:58 AM  #64


Re: Tue 9th Sep 25 : Hednesford v Ilkeston : ko 7 45pm

I was upset following the game from the wilds of Northumberland but calmed down when I heard reports of how well we played! I was working on the theory that Deaks read my scouting report on Hednesford and put together a master plan based on it and it did not work but after listening to him it very nearly might have. Joking aside it did take the gloss off England’s excellent result and performance and Alnwick won 4-2 on Wednesday so I’m recovering and to quote a well known cliche ‘we pick ourselves up and go again’. Then again both our next opponents Lancaster and Cleethorpes are in form!

 

Board footera