WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

08/2/2018 9:29 PM  #1

Next match : Coventry Copsewood (away)

Our next opponents Coventry Copsewood are 11th in the league table having Played 23, won 12, drawn 2 and lost 9. 
Their home record is Played 10, won 6, drawn 1 and lost 3 goals for 18,  against 20..
Their season got off to a flier with a win at Studley and also in August they won at Littleton. Since then they have lost every time when playing against the top teams. They have been beaten by :  Leicester Road, Ilkeston, R C Warwick, Hinckley  and Heather St John twice.  They have not yet played against Walsall Wood or Atherstone.
So although their record so far looks quite good, they have a more difficult second half of the season to come.
Their home performances so far have been decent with just two heavy defeats against Hinckley (0-5) and Heather SJ (1-4). The other 8 home games have been close contests in which they have scored 17 and conceded 11.
Their top scorer is Daniel Fraser with 9 goals
My conclusion is that Copsewood are a decent mid-table side but one we should have no trouble beating. Hope I don't have to eat my words.

10/2/2018 2:35 AM  #2

Re: Next match : Coventry Copsewood (away)

Jamie Hannis is back at Ilkeston. Apparently he has signed for us on a dual registration with Coalville. 
Will he play against Coventry Copsewood?
Is Ian Deakin injured or ilI or not available? 
We obviously needed goalkeeper cover so maybe that's all it is but I wouldn't be surprised to see him at Coventry.

Board footera