WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

26/2/2018 5:39 PM  #1

Next match : Alfreton (away) Tue 27th Feb. 7 45pm

Alfreton must be red hot favourites if they play their strongest team as they play a few leagues higher than we do and have some quality players. Ilkeston's defeat at Hinckley may not be such a bad prelude to the match. No team likes to lose two on the bounce so we can expect a determined effort to ensure that it doesn't happen. Also, we go into the game with nothing to lose and everything to gain. We were definitely devoid of any luck against Hinckley so may be it will be our turn to get the rub of the green. In previous rounds against higher opposition we have stepped up to the plate. Can we do it again or is this an ask too far? I see two possibilities. 1, Alfreton win convincingly or 2,.it goes to penalties. If it does go to penalties, we have a 50/50 chance of reaching the final. 

27/2/2018 9:02 AM  #2

Re: Next match : Alfreton (away) Tue 27th Feb. 7 45pm

What are the chances of the game actually being played tonight? The ground was soft enough yesterday evening but he temperatures today are not predicted to get above freezing. I presume there will be a pitch inspection later today.;

27/2/2018 3:46 PM  #3

Re: Next match : Alfreton (away) Tue 27th Feb. 7 45pm

Alfreton are asking their fans to volunteer to help clear the covers off the pitch at 4:30pm. I presume the covers will have kept the frost at bay. When I was out earlier the ground was solid with frost but maybe North Street catches more of the sun than Ilkeston. So fingers crossed that the pitch is soft and the -3 temperature forecast is wrong.

Board footera