Offline

.
I think there was some improvement yesterday as the newer players start to make a difference. Whether that’s enough to keep us up is another matter. I thought it was a mistake to start without Ash Hunter. He’s probably our most influential player. I thought Will Grewal-Pollard had a decent game as did Cherif Yaya. The Forest loanee was the only player who was prepared to carry the ball forward. Hawkridge showed some good touches and will do better with better players round him. What about Sam Newell? I’m sure he’s a decent player but nothing is going right for him. I dread to think how many goals we would concede without Pharrell Johnson. We re-called Dylan Reason from his loan at Grantham and he didnn't make the squad. Many people were hoping to see the Leeds United lad, Luke Matykiewicz. Maybe he wasn’t registered in time to play. I can appreciate that it’s difficult to attract experienced players when the team is losing every week but one thing is for sure, Tris Whitman has to produce a win from somewhere and very quickly. Supporters are starting to show their frustration and the chairman will be under pressure to take action to turn things round.
Last edited by Matchman (27/9/2026 2:55 PM)
Offline
For me the manager deserves more time.
Started off with two players remaining from last season's squad.
We have had a complete rebuild in a race against time to be ready for the first game of the season.
The First eight games would of shown tris everything he needed to know about the Group of Players he assembled.
Yes it's a results business but he has/is trying to Address the results and Performances with another eight players coming into the club recently.
We have had two rebuilds in two months.
What I will say though if these new batch of Players gel but we still continue to lose it won't look good for tris.
Offline

.
Yes, lets no forget that Tris and Aaron had to start from scratch so it’s not surprising that it’s taking a while to build a competitive team two levels above where they were previously and enjoyed success.
Having said that, at the moment we are showing no signs of being able to win a match. We’re being outplayed by our opponents and having to defend for the majority of every game and creating very few openings up front.
We have to face the fact that we’re going to be relegated unless there’s a massive improvement. There are no easy games, they’re all tough. Okay, we could give Tris and the new players a few more games to try and halt the decline but there has to be visible improvement. Everyone who knows Tris and Aaron are willing them to turn things round but it’s down to the players to perform in matches.
I often watch the training sessions and there’s a level of intensity and aggression that we’ve not seen on match days. In my opinion, Sam Wilson, Pharrell Johnson, Ash Hunter and Anthony Dwyer have been our most consistent players so far. Time for the others to step up and show how good they are.
.
Offline
I don't buy this manager is out of his depth nonsense either.
I respect everyone's opinion/views on this subject.
Manager's usually start at the Bottom of the pyramid even in league football they work there way up based on Promotions,Championships, Trophies and being competitive on small budgets. Tris and largey have come from step 5.
Deaks took long Eaton from step 5 to 3.
We have one of the smaller budgets in the league.
The million dollar question is would a new manager do any better?
Offline
I sometimes wonder if relegation for the club would not be the disaster most people think it might be. It's been obvious to me for a while that the club do not have the money to compete with the top teams at step three. Maybe Tristram has been bought in guide the club to a level where they can compete. That level could be step four with more local derbies and possibly more games being won. The Football Web Pages prediction algorithm has us finishing bottom with only sixteen points and no more wins for the rest of the season. I hope its wrong but statistically it seems fairly accurate. I have not seen the club play this season but there is a common thread from fans and Tristram himself. We appear to be sometimes clueless at worst, naive at best or just don't have enough good enough players or players who can follow instructions worked on in training. I cannot see how we can avoid relegation but I hope with Tristram or not we start to perform better so that the fans who watch every week have something to look forward to.
Offline
I say give the management more time BUT with our constant changing of players doesnt help our cause in playing any better . Yes i agree they have had to start from scratch which a rare thing in having to put up with. Willthe loanees work out for us , mmmmm personally i dont think so because bringing in players that will only play for maybe a few months wont give them enough time to gel.
Plus i agree theat Hunter and dwyer are maybe our best players but i fear they might not stop with us for much longer especially Dwyer as he does seem to move about ALOT .
Will we get any better , in a word ...no i just cant see it tbh but certiany i hope we do but at the moment we are leaking goals waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy to much . We are looking that we have to score at least 3 or four a game to be in with a chance .....