WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

02/4/2018 10:00 AM  #1

3 points given to Atherstone

It looks like the league have gifted Atherstone three points from their abandoned game with Heath Hayes. Atherstone were leading 1-0 half way through the second half when the referee abandoned the game.  The 1-0 scoreline is now a result and the Adders have the points. I imagine both teams agreed not to have a replay because of the April fixture congestion.

02/4/2018 10:11 AM  #2

Re: 3 points given to Atherstone

That's a joke

03/4/2018 12:39 PM  #3

The League doesn't appear to have made any announcement so far regarding the above

I have spent quite some time looking through the voluminous League rules to see if I could find anything regarding the award of points to a club in an abandoned match and I found the following:

STANDARD CODE OF RULES
Rule 10 paragraph (iv)
"In the event of a match not being played or abandoned owing to causes over which neither club has control, it shall be played in it's entirety on a date to be mutually agreed by the two clubs and approved by the Board. Failing such agreement and notification to the Fixture Secretary within seven days the Board shall have power to order the match to be played on a named date or on or before a given date.  Where it is to the advantage of the competition (ie the League) and the Clubs involved agree, the Management Committee shall also be empowered to order the score at the time of abandonment to stand

04/4/2018 8:46 AM  #4

Has there been a change of mind?

Atherstone v Heath Hayes is now shown as a rearranged fixture on Thursday 26th April

Board footera