WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

09/6/2018 8:00 AM  #1

A year ago

On Saturday 10th June last year, the Midland Football League held their Awards night at the Bescot Stadium. As well as the normal awards to winning teams, top scorers, managers and players of the year in each division, there were awards for matchday programme of the year, best hospitality and fair play. Click on the link below and scroll through for some interesting facts about teams joining and leaving the league at the end of the 2016-17 season. Also promoted and relegated teams. The number of teams set to compete in Division One for 2017/18 at the time was 21. Walsall Wood and Brocton were relegated from the previous season's Premier Division whist Paget Rangers and Coventry Alvis were promoted from Division 2. As we know, Ilkeston Town were a late addition to Division 1 making the division up to an even number of 22 teams. 
Tividale who  finished bottom of the Premier Division in 2016-17 with 24 points from 42 games were not relegated to Division 1 but moved to the West Midlands Regional league. The two teams relegated to Division 1 were Brocton who finished 10 points above Tividale on 34 points and Walsall Wood who could consider themselves very unlucky to be relegated having scored 47 points. (Shawbury United also finished on 47 points but had a better goal difference.)
http://www.midlandfootballleague.co.uk/uploads/3/0/1/0/30101187/newsletter_300617.pdf

Last edited by Matchman (09/6/2018 8:02 AM)

09/6/2018 10:13 PM  #2

Re: A year ago

I believe this years do is tonight! My invite must have got lost in the post again! Never mind I had the first episode of Hidden to watch instead!

Board footera