WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

27/4/2019 12:48 PM  #1

Loughborough Univ v Ilkeston - Live Updates

At the ground now. It's wet and windy. The pitch is immaculate and there's lot's of security around and in the complex.

Re. match updates : Apparently Lee Fowler doesn't want score information during the game to be available to Walsall Wood so normal service is having to be restricted. 
I'm told the Club will not be doing Twitter updates today.

I will try to issue updates in some form 

Teams to follow shortly

27/4/2019 1:13 PM  #2

Re: Loughborough Univ v Ilkeston - Live Updates

Ilkeston team :
1 Liam Mitchell, 2 Lavell White, 3 Jamie Walker, 4 Kyle Dixon, 5 Tom Marshall, 6 Chris Shaw (C), 7 Tim Hopkinson, 8 Reece Fyfe, 9 Elliott Reeves, 10 Kyle Perry. 11 Rod Orlando-Young.
12 Alex Marshall, 17 Fabian Smith, 14 Matt Baker, 15 Deon Meikle, 16 Billy Bennett.

Loughborough University team
1 George Hobbs, 2 Max Bardsley-Rowe, 3 Harry Clibbens, 4 Kitan Sorunke, 5 Joel Bonner, 6 Charlie Lewis, 7 Jerimiah Dasaolu, 8 Ben Last, 9 Dan Collins, 10 Connor Smith, 11 Matty Crookes.
12 Jacob Croud,13 Scott Martin, 14 Merlin Ferrinho, 15 Matthew Olapo, 16 Kel Akpobire.

Last edited by Matchman (27/4/2019 1:17 PM)

27/4/2019 1:52 PM  #3

Apparently, the League have a car with the trophy in it positioned half way between Loughborough and Walsall. 
It's ten minutes to kick off.  Posting of match score updates by anyone connected to the Club has been banned.

27/4/2019 1:59 PM  #4

Teams are out Ilkeston in all red. Loughborough in all purple. Ilkeston defending the scoreboard end.
We're off .....

27/4/2019 3:04 PM  #5

Half time Ilkeston lead 4-0 and the posting ban has now  been lifted.  Second half is underway.

27/4/2019 3:10 PM  #6

Great save by Uni keeper. Uni break to other end and win a corner. Mitchell palms the inswinger away.  Hopkinson replaced by Fabian Smith.  Terrific run by Orlando but shot is just wide.  Dixon shot hits a defender on the line after good woork by Reeves.  55 minutes    still 4-0

27/4/2019 3:12 PM  #7

Hat-trick for Reco    57 minutes.     5-0

27/4/2019 3:16 PM  #8

Brilliant point blank save by keeper from Reeves. Walker shot hits a defender after good work by Dixon. It's one way traffic as Uni are penned in.  Orlando shot screams across the face of the goal.     5-0    61 minutes

27/4/2019 3:24 PM  #9

Bennett replaces Reeve on 63 minutes. Ilkeston close again as Dixon can't quite reach cross.  Perry replaced by Alex Marshall. on 66 minutes.  Walsall Woood still 1-0.

27/4/2019 3:25 PM  #10

Goal Ilkeston Alex Marshall turns in Walkers cross      6-0    70 minutes

My mistake - Apparently it was Walker's goal not Marshall's

Last edited by Matchman (28/4/2019 2:39 AM)

27/4/2019 3:29 PM  #11

Linesman injury causes 2 minute delay. Replacement lino is on.   GOAL by  Orlando-Young      7-0   74 minutes   

It was a much deserved goal for Orlando-Young who had another tremendous game just like he did at Dunkirk taking on defenders and making numerous scoring opportunities for others. He certainly made the crosses for Perry's bullet header and Fyfe's second goal. Contender for man of the match behind Fyfe and Dixon in my opinion.

Last edited by Matchman (28/4/2019 2:46 AM)

27/4/2019 3:39 PM  #12

This is better than Dunkirk. Shaw booked for tackle on 78 minutes.  Loughborough Keeper saves again. Good break by Uni and they win a corner.  Then Mitchell has to turn over great shot that clips the bar.  7-0   84 minutes

Wonder save by Mitchell -  thunderous shot from distance which Mitchell does really well to tip over, via the top of the crossbar.

Last edited by Matchman (28/4/2019 2:53 AM)

27/4/2019 3:43 PM  #13

Fyfe and Dixon have been match winners.  Uni looking for a consolation goal.       7-0       88 minutes

27/4/2019 3:46 PM  #14

Loughborough pull a goal back on 89 minutes   Connor Smith.      7-1
GOAL Ilkeston    Fabian Smith   91 minutes        8-1

27/4/2019 3:51 PM  #15

Shot by Uni Connor Smith goes over the bar. 
There goes the whistle :   Loughborough Uni  1 Ilkeston  8   We may be Champions.
Gate 675

27/4/2019 9:01 PM  #16

I never expected an epic performance like that. Loughborough were totally overwhelmed. The match started quietly but once Reco Fyfe's inswinging corner flew in, Ilkeston became unstoppable. After losing to Walsall Wood it's incredible that Ilkeston bounced back to score 15 goals in the final two games. A really special day for the Club, players, staff and around 500 supporters who made the journey down the M1. The whole squad turned in outstanding performances. 

Last edited by Matchman (28/4/2019 3:16 AM)

27/4/2019 9:27 PM  #17

Apologies for the lack of updates in the first half. I was not happy with the decision but I wasn't prepared to go against what was perceived to be the best interests of the Club. 

28/4/2019 3:14 AM  #18

Incredible that Elliott Reeves didn't score any of the 15 goals in the last two matches. It wasn't for lack of trying. He was always looking to score and create chances for others but Loughborough's keeper made several outstanding saves and many of them were from Reeves's efforts. 

28/4/2019 3:19 AM  #19

I've made a few amendments to some of the above updates and I will add a match report later.

28/4/2019 6:35 PM  #20

675 spectators were at the excellent Holywell Stadium, that’s a good 500 more than normal. After a quiet opening period, Reco Fyfe put Ilkeston ahead when his in-swinging corner found the far top corner on 13 minutes. That was the spark needed and Ilkeston became unstoppable. Three minutes later Rod Orlando-Young crossed for Kyle Perry to send in a bullet header. After another three minutes, it was 3-0. Again Orlando-Young was the provider setting up Fyfe for his second. Jerimiah Dasaolu had a chance for Loughborough before keeper George Hobbs denied Elliott Reeves. Jamie Walker added the fourth on the half hour and Ilkeston had a dream 4-0 half time lead. From the restart, Ilkeston continued to look for more goals and Orlando-Young's shot was only just wide after bursting through. Dixon was next to go close when his shot hit a defender on the goal line but on 57 minutes Fyfe completed his hat-trick with a shot from the edge of the area. Hobbs then made a superb point-blank save from Reeves and this was followed by another Orlando Young effort just wide, With 20 minutes left, Walker scored his second and Ilkeston's sixth and three minutes later Orlando Young made it 7-0. With ten minutes left Loughborough almost got one back. It needed a brilliant save by Liam Mitchell to tip Conor Smith's superb effort onto the top of the crossbar. On 89 minutes Loughborough did get one back and this time Conor Smith's shot took a deflection which wrong-footed Mitchell and found the net. Ilkeston had the last word though when Fabian Smith headed in at the far post in added time. The 8-1 scoreline was far beyond the expectations of the most optimistic supporter. Walsall Wood won as was expected but only by 3-0 so Ilkeston are champions and promoted on goal difference. 

Last edited by Matchman (28/4/2019 6:37 PM)

29/4/2019 5:58 PM  #21

What a fantastic day . I was soooooo nervous as I walked out of my front door . But when that fourth goal went I thought yes we are going to do this . At that time I threw the flag up into air in celebration but the wind it over the fence ...lol

29/4/2019 6:00 PM  #22

What great scenes as the eighth goal went and at the final whistle . I will never forget this day . It great to have a drink with players at the NMG clubhouse when we got back .

29/4/2019 8:38 PM  #23

You just can't beat being part of non-league football. The players, management, staff, volunteers and supporters of your Club are as one. We hurt together when things go wrong and we share the joy when we win. When you've been through difficult times, the good times are all the sweeter. Saturday was so special for all of us. Thank you to everyone involved.

Board footera