WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

23/5/2019 5:49 AM  #1

Anthony Redwood

Anthony Redwood has told staff that he has now left the Club. He said a few days ago that the appointment  of his successor is close.  Who that may be is still unknown at the minute. Anthony was appointed chief operating  officer when Alan Hardy bought the Club two years ago and has taken us to where were now. Many thanks to Anthony for all his work. We have had two amazing seasons being promoted twice and he has played  his part. along with everyone else associated with the Club.  Can't wait for next season. Can we make it three successive promotions? That may be an impossible dream but you never know.

23/5/2019 10:08 PM  #2

Re: Anthony Redwood

Last season I would have been happy with a mid table finish hence I booked a weeks holiday in May as I thought we would not be involved at the top or the bottom. How wrong I was!! I think the teams and possibly fans expectations have changed now and to be really honest I did not think there was a massive jump in standard between the top half of Div One of the Midland Football League and the Premier Division. Therefore everyone at the club will be hoping that we are going to be in contention again. Perhaps the players have the potential to do this. Losing Elliott Reeves is a blow but we must remember we scored fifteen goals in our last two matches without Elliott contributing any goals although he did play really well. The key positions will be at centre half and centre forward. So ultimately we need to replace Chris Shaw and Elliott Reeves. Mitch Robinson may be one piece in the jig saw and I am sure Lee has plans to try and find another goalscoring machine up front. Maybe Hoppo Alex or Kyle Perry may step up!! All in all I think another interesting season is guaranteed and there is no way Im going on  holiday in May!!

24/5/2019 6:20 AM  #3

I bet all supporters can't wait for the fixtures.  If we get off to a good start like last season I think we will do well. I'm not sure who the best teams are in this league. As this is a new step 4 league there are many teams who have not played against each other so there are no clear favourites. We have an ultra enthusiastic manager in Lee Fowler who is keen for success and not afraid  to make changes when things aren't  going to plan. I was really hoping  that Kyle Dixon would  stay . I think we will miss him. I hope we can keep Kyle Perry. He will always  cause problems for opposing  defences. Pleased Reco is staying.  He looked outstanding on many occasions last season. Defensively we look fine and have an excellent keeper in Liam Mitchell, though Chris Shaw will definitely be missed.
Did someone  say we have nine pre-season friendlies? Fowler means business and we should  be ready for a flying start when the fixtures  begin.
I'm not expecting  there to be a big difference in the standard of football at step 4 and I'm confident we will be ok. Here's hoping for a top six finish.

24/5/2019 11:30 AM  #4

Yes I was impressed with Lee,s brave team selections and his brave in game selections during the latter part of the season. They no doubt won us the league! Martin McIntosh probably was a bit too conservative to push the team forward. The midfield situation is interesting and like you I will miss Kyle Dixon. He had a sticky spell of form and lost his regular place but fought back and was excellent in the last two league games. Perhaps when we need a more defensive approach in certain situations Kyle is probably not your best option. Jermaine Hollis is dead certain for me and Jamie Walker on the left Rod Orlando Young on the right and then Reco Fyfe playing the free role behind thr front two. Saying that I could even see Reco playing up front with either Alex or Kyle Perry or AN OTHER. I would also like to think that Fabian Smith and  Jordan  Wheatley could still have a role In Midfield at some point. Then you have Lavelle White who like Kyle had an excellent end to the season. In defence we really only have Tom Marshall, Matt Baker, Billy Bennett, Mitch Robinson and possibly Ryan Wheatley so I think we will need more cover particularly in the central positions.
It will be interesting to see if Connor Green, Ben Morris and even Jamie Hannis get to play a part next season

Board footera