WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

03/6/2019 10:46 AM  #1

NMG Update

Just been down to the ground. Matthew Hallam was there tending the pitch as Mike has been on holiday.  The two goalmouths have been dug out ready for re-turfing so preparations for next season are well underway.

04/6/2019 1:19 PM  #2

Re: NMG Update

Except the budget

04/6/2019 2:34 PM  #3

That is undeniably true Reverend. It's very frustrating. We can only assume that Mr Hardy is holding back pending the sale of Notts County. 

05/6/2019 11:56 AM  #4

Matchman wrote:

That is undeniably true Reverend. It's very frustrating. We can only assume that Mr Hardy is holding back pending the sale of Notts County. 

If that's the case the court case against Notts County has been adjourned until 10th July now I think . No budget yet . No CEO yet .
Do we know who is actually took helm for now as we are limbo so to speak . Looks like a waiting game until we can make any plans going forward to stabilise the club.
It doesn't help neither about Paragon leisure maybe being dissolved. No accounts for two years . And pretty worried about our accounts not being filed.
Only pluses so far are the few who signed but in limbo with the others not signing yet . And the pitch being done .
It must very frustrating for the manager if he hasn't got a budget yet hence can't sign anyone who he wants to come in .
Worried ? Me ? YES !!!!

06/6/2019 7:03 AM  #5

I share your concerns Kev and so do others but Alan Hardy has had a terrible time. He's the one who has lost a shed load of money through his love of football so we must be patient. Let's not forget that he rescued us and he's given Ilkeston Town supporters two great seasons so the least we owe him is some time to sort out his priorities. We have to hope that the Notts County sale goes through very soon so that Alan is free from responsibilities there. Until that happens, it appears that Craig Lamont and Mark Frost are in temporary charge of administration matters whilst Lee Fowler remains in charge of playing matters. 

06/6/2019 12:05 PM  #6

Finally someone has answered my question of who is running the club whilst things are trying to be sorted out .
Right I am trying to use my words very carefully here . Mark and Craig have a massive job on their hands here coz no doubt they been thrown in at the deep end and I appreciate their efforts I really do.
But that still doesn't take away my worries about the club . Because of things seriously going off else where I;e Notts County and the rest, this could ( and I stress the word could ) these factors effect the club?
Put it this way all of the above companies have a few things common .

07/6/2019 1:33 PM  #7

kevilsonlad wrote:

Finally someone has answered my question of who is running the club whilst things are trying to be sorted out .
Right I am trying to use my words very carefully here . Mark and Craig have a massive job on their hands here coz no doubt they been thrown in at the deep end and I appreciate their efforts I really do.
But that still doesn't take away my worries about the club . Because of things seriously going off else where I;e Notts County and the rest, this could ( and I stress the word could ) these factors effect the club?
Put it this way all of the above companies have a few things common .

Right, Kev - So far I have tried to keep my fears to myself but it's looking more and more evident that Ilkeston Town F C 's future is dependent on Alan Hardy being able to sell Notts County and as quickly as possible. In my search for answers, I have spoken to several people involved with the Club and it seems we really are in a state of limbo at this present time. It's the Evo Stik League AGM next Saturday so we need to know what the future holds for us before someone representing the Club attends that meeting at Blackpool. It appears that Mark Frost has been saddled with a load of administrative responsibility. There is an important meeting next Monday when hopefully we should get some clarification on Ilkeston's future. I've also heard that Ilkeston Town FC's accounts revealed a bigger loss than expected. On a more encouraging note, the pitch is looking good with the new turf laid in the goalmouths and I have been assured by one of our managers on the playing side that we have several good new players waiting to sign as soon as a playing budget has been promised. 

Last edited by Matchman (07/6/2019 1:36 PM)

07/6/2019 3:39 PM  #8

Mr Hardy is understandingly looking for more volunteers to help run the club and so keep running costs down. It goes without saying that we also need more sponsors. Also apparently, Worksop Town FC has a few hundred members who help to support their Club by paying a monthly or annual subscription to the Club.  Would some Ilkeston supporters be prepared to support the Club in a similar financial manner?  Mr Hardy's level of generosity looks sure to be reduced in the future. That means we would need to raise more money ourselves if we wish to maintain the standard of football at the current level and continue as a successful team. If 100 supporters out of our 600 regulars who attend matches donated £5 per month that would bring in an extra £6000 towards the playing budget in a year. We could maybe think about paying a small commission to supporters who find sponsors. There must be potential sponsors out there who would be happy to show their support to our Club. Finally if Mr Hardy wanted a committee to be formed to oversee the running of the Club, would any supporters be willing to step forward for that? Any other ideas or suggestions for raising funds or reducing costs are welcome. 
Our aim as supporters should be to make the Club as self-financing as possible while maintaining the current success level and standard of football.

08/6/2019 6:40 PM  #9

That's well interesting . Something tbh what should be happening at the club as fans getting involved more for the interest of the club the long future . Being bailed out all the time always leads to trouble plus this will show if its the case how much the fans really want a football club in Ilkeston. I for one would be up for the idea of putting a monthly payment in the club , but obviously there will be fans who cant afford that . So getting local business involved has got to a major , but that will be a very hard task coz of what has happened in the past . But have the scars healed from that sad time I doubt it .
  One major plus for the club is the club house with the fans using it more , this had to be done and I thank the former ceo for this. But there is still more to do in there as in more of decoration if we want to encourage more of the community to use for parties etc. Plus this venue has got to be advertised more on the clubs website even its just a link to Kelly`s facebook page . 
   I could go on forever on this subject mainly because I really do think the fans have got to try to voluntary work in and around the club . This will test the fans now if this is true what you have said coz with the right people this club should survive this worrying time ….AGAIN ..

10/6/2019 7:01 PM  #10

There should have been a meeting today between Mark Frost and Alan Hardy but it was postponed until Wednesday.
Meanwhile, yours truly has volunteered to represent the Club at the Northern Premier League AGM at Blackpool this Saturday. The AGM is for secretaries of Clubs but as Ilkeston haven't got one at this moment in time we have had to nominate someone to attend on behalf of the Club. Attendance at the AGM is mandatory and carries an automatic £250 fine for non-attendance.

11/6/2019 7:41 AM  #11

Matchman wrote:

There should have been a meeting today between Mark Frost and Alan Hardy but it was postponed until Wednesday.
Meanwhile, yours truly has volunteered to represent the Club at the Northern Premier League AGM at Blackpool this Saturday. The AGM is for secretaries of Clubs but as Ilkeston haven't got one at this moment in time we have had to nominate someone to attend on behalf of the Club. Attendance at the AGM is mandatory and carries an automatic £250 fine for non-attendance.

This should have been sorted out a while ago not a last minute thing. We seriously need someone who knows what they are doing . Just makes me wonder if a certain person who isn't here now thought sod I am here now . Seriously I think the Evo Stik will be watching us big time . After what happened the last time I think they will be waiting for us to trip up . So if the club miss this meeting it wouldnt go down well even before a ball is even kicked .
Do we know why the meeting between Mark and Alan  was postponed ?
There seems to be a pattern with Alan .
Postponements

13/6/2019 1:27 PM  #12

My sources have told me that Mark met with Alan for about an hour on Wednesday. Alan also spent time with Lee Fowler. Ways of improving the running of the Club, increasing income and reducing costs are now being seriously examined.  I will be attending the Northern Premier League AGM at Blackpool tomorrow. So it appears that matters relating to Ilkeston Town FC are at last moving forward. I personally, now feel much more optimistic regarding the 2019/20 season. After two successive promotion seasons, a mid-table finish at Step 4 would be a creditable achievement in my opinion. 

13/6/2019 3:50 PM  #13

Well it looks like some guys out of the management will be going then .
No further mention of who else have re signed .
Why does it meats happen to us for god's sake . I am seriously trying not to swear ........grrrrrr
I suppose we will have to wait .

18/6/2019 8:23 AM  #14

The more vocal among our supporters are urging Alan Hardy to make a statement of intent following the departure of Ian Deakin, Craig Swinscoe and Martin Lench. This is understandable but apparently, Lee Fowler is currently on holiday so that may delay an announcement about any decision to replace them although that doesn't mean nothing is happening. Mark Frost is in regular contact with Alan Hardy. From a financial perspective, the Club is actively looking at ways to boost income and reduce costs to make us more sustainable over the longer term and have been in contact with several other clubs many of whom survive on lower gates than us.
Meanwhile, the NMG pitch is looking good with the new turf now nicely bedded in. 

18/6/2019 7:27 PM  #15

This season is going to be massive not so much as on the field but off it . Do I want promotion ? NO if it will put the club into maybe a financial trouble . Let's get back to basics ,let's get the supporters involved ,let's get this club being stable so it can survive the future ...

Board footera