WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

08/6/2019 5:01 PM  #1

Money raising ideas

Cleethorpes Town FC run a "200 Club". Members donate £10 per month to the football club. At the end of every month, there is a £200 prize and a £50 second prize. Members pay by standing order.  
Could something similar to this work for us?
To encourage supporters to join, we could offer perks to members such as a Club Shop discount, 50p reduction in parking charges or maybe a guaranteed parking spot at home matches providing they arrive 45 minutes before kickoff or perhaps a free matchday programme.

If we got just 50 supporters  donating £10 per month it would bring in:
Income £500 per month x 12 months   =  £6000 per year
Less prize money 12 months @ £250  =  £3000 per year
Net income to our Football Club           =  £3000 per year

If we got 100 members :
income £1000 per month x 12 months  = £12000 per year
Less prize money 12 months @ £250   =  £3000 per year
Net income to our Football Club            =  £9000 per year

Please feel free to comment or to make other suggestions

09/6/2019 8:17 AM  #2

Re: Money raising ideas

Yeah I would be up for something like that .
Another thing we and the club can do is advertise the clubhouse more . Most of the time since we have had the clubhouse it's not been advertised enough. I asked for it to be on the club's website to Anthony but I got back "do u realise it's gonna cost in excess of two grand to overhaul the website". Well I didn't ask for that all I asked for was Kelly's number and a link to her Facebook page . Eventually yes a full page with pictures would be great.

09/6/2019 3:30 PM  #3

The other thing is that the clubhouse needs a lick of paint . Especially now the boiler and new rads have been done .

Last edited by kevilsonlad (09/6/2019 3:33 PM)

09/6/2019 4:08 PM  #4

At this moment we are still unsure about our Club's future due to the predicament that Alan Hardy is in. I'm sure Mr Hardy wants to continue to finance Ilkeston but due to circumstances, he may not be able to do so at the same level as before. This means that we have to help ourselves in whatever way we can. With that in mind, I am so enthused that four supporters have already said that they would be prepared to donate towards the running costs of the Club on a monthly basis. If we get a few more willing to commit in principle then this could be a way forward. We still need to decide how we wish to operate the plan, ie as a pure donation plan or as a fixed amount membership plan with monthly prizes. We can certainly obtain information on how other clubs operate but I think we should definitely give some recognition to donating members. Maybe we could put a list of donating members on the Club's website.
We are blessed to have supporters who love the Club enough to put their hands in their pockets or who are willing to help in other ways. We really need as many fans as possible to offer their help.
Having made such progress on the field over the last two years we need to keep the momentum going.  Let us show Alan Hardy how much we care about Ilkeston Town Football Club and what it means to us. 

Last edited by Matchman (09/6/2019 4:14 PM)

09/6/2019 6:14 PM  #5

Matchman wrote:

At this moment we are still unsure about our Club's future due to the predicament that Alan Hardy is in. I'm sure Mr Hardy wants to continue to finance Ilkeston but due to circumstances, he may not be able to do so at the same level as before. This means that we have to help ourselves in whatever way we can. With that in mind, I am so enthused that four supporters have already said that they would be prepared to donate towards the running costs of the Club on a monthly basis. If we get a few more willing to commit in principle then this could be a way forward. We still need to decide how we wish to operate the plan, ie as a pure donation plan or as a fixed amount membership plan with monthly prizes. We can certainly obtain information on how other clubs operate but I think we should definitely give some recognition to donating members. Maybe we could put a list of donating members on the Club's website.

We are blessed to have supporters who love the Club enough to put their hands in their pockets or who are willing to help in other ways. We really need as many fans as possible to offer their help.
Having made such progress on the field over the last two years we need to keep the momentum going.  Let us show Alan Hardy how much we care about Ilkeston Town Football Club and what it means to us. 

Will be interesting to see how many fans would take to the idea if put in place but it all depends who`s in charge aand whos onboard.

Last edited by kevilsonlad (09/6/2019 6:17 PM)

15/6/2019 3:46 PM  #6

Count me in

15/6/2019 6:55 PM  #7

Thank you Alex for your kind offer which is appreciated.  Today I met the owner of Worksop Town who operate a very successful members scheme.  He kindly said that he would be willing to meet with us and offer his advice. 

24/6/2019 8:06 AM  #8

New ground sponsor for our Derbyshire neighbours, Belper Town FC

http://www.evostikleague.co.uk/new-title-sponsor-for-belper-town-57466

24/6/2019 8:44 AM  #9

I am sure Mickleover Sports ground was called the Raygar in previous seasons? What price the Wards Rubbish Skip Stadium? The Ron Brooks Arena? I could live with that.

24/6/2019 10:37 AM  #10

Donate some of your millions Mr Whitehall you must be the richest man in WestHallam

24/6/2019 1:13 PM  #11

May the lord look upon you with pity Reverend! You know better!! Then again the Mr WhiteBall Stadium has a ring to it.

04/7/2019 3:21 PM  #12

Interesting idea by Worksop Town for 2019-20.
They are offering : 10-game shift worker tickets for £70  (Normal gate price is £8)

Cleethorpes Town have already sold 125 season tickets for the coming season.

Last edited by Matchman (04/7/2019 3:27 PM)

04/7/2019 6:07 PM  #13

Very good idea I know Kev would be interested in that

04/7/2019 8:46 PM  #14

Sheffield FC are charging £9 per Adult at the gate (£5 concessions) for the 2019-20 season.
£9 is the highest admission price in our league that I've seen.
It's worth their supporters buying a season ticket at @ £120.  (19 league matches @ £9 = £171 - therefore a season ticket saves £51.

Last edited by Matchman (04/7/2019 8:51 PM)

29/7/2019 2:31 AM  #15

Carlton Town will officially launch their brand new seasonal competition for players, coaching staff, supporters and Commitee members next Saturday at the home game against Belper United.
The Tote will replace Bonus Ball for the forthcoming season after being Championed by Daryl Claypole, Tommy Brookbanks and new Vice Chairman Barry North.
The club’s Executive Committee see’s the benefit of launching a new competition and resting or even replacing Bonus Ball on a regular basis if the new competition takes off.
This website understands that Chairman Mick Garton has taken advice from Mick Jordan at Coalville Town on the new competition and early indications from supporters whom Barry and Mick have spoken to are very positive.
The proposal which is expected to get passed by the club’s executive committee is as follows.
Each participant will chose 2 numbers at a cost of £2 a week and if they are the first two numbers drawn out on a Saturday in any order, whoever has those numbers wins the jackpot.
The contestants can have as many goes as they wish, so two sets of numbers cost £4 a week, 3 sets of numbers £6 a week and so on.
The beauty of this competition is that as well as their regular numbers, contestants can have extra numbers on a random basis.

For example, if the jackpot is reaching a decent amount, participations may wish to select extra combinations of numbers just for that draw and pay £2 per extra go.
With Bonus Ball, new players joining the club couldn’t really take part as the competition could be weeks in, giving them virtually no chance of winning it.
Mick and Barry will both be on hand at the Belper United fixture on Saturday 3rd August (1.30pm) to answer queries relating to the competition and to collect numbers in and opening payments for the competition which will begin on Saturday 10th August following the Lotto draw after the away Fa Cup tie at Barton Town.
From information the club have, interest peeks around a decent jackpot, with 50 per cent of the takings producing the prize pot and 50 per cent going to the club, the same as Bonus Ball.
The regular numbers that Contestants have will be displayed on this website, as were Bonus Ball numbers and the estimated jackpot will be updated weekly.
The only thing that the website will be unable to list are extra numbers that contestants may have taken for a specific draw.
Contestants wanting extra numbers for a specific Saturday can purchase the combination of two at all home games off Mick or Barry or by texting the Chairman before 7.30pm on a Saturday as long as payment is made within 7 days.
Although the Chairman is only able to get to limited away games, Vice Chairman Barry is expected to get to most, so can also take extra goes at away games.
Both Mick and Barry are expected to be at the opening game away on Saturday 10th August.
That in a nutshell pretty much covers it off, but if there is any change following Executive Commitee discussions, this website will publish the details.
So it’s time to pick your numbers and speak to Mick or Barry next Saturday 3rd August.
The cut off time for regular entries for the first draw will be 6pm on Saturday 10th August.

Last edited by Matchman (29/7/2019 7:40 AM)

Board footera