WhiteBallProject
The Independent Voice of Ilkeston Football

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

31/7/2019 11:41 PM  #1

All set for the season ahead

Nick Hawkins  :  "Great news our accounts have been submitted to the league and all fines outstanding cleared."

That was Nick Hawkins's latest tweet so it seems that we are now all set to go in the Northern Premier. There was an issue with the League regarding submission of our accounts and a disputed outstanding fine but it appears that they have now been dealt with. From an administration point of view, there is so much to do behind the scenes before the season starts. Thank you to Mark Frost for the work that he did. With just over a week before our first match, things are progressing rapidly and we now have a volunteer Club Secretary. The role of Club Secretary is a massive commitment and we are very grateful to Liam who has volunteered to give it a go.  Nick Hawkins is forming a "Board" whose role is to oversee the running of the Club. The Board will meet on a regular basis to ensure that we keep within our targets and constraints.  All we need now is a football team. Before his departure, Lee Fowler was about to name his squad. Someone else will now have to do this as we need to get the players signed up in the next few days. Our new Club Secretary will be attending a Northern Premier League help session for new clubs next week along with a backup person to ensure that the Club is operated properly both on and off the field and within the stringent League rules. Thank you to former secretary, Andrew Raisin and others for their offers to assist.
So, we have a new group of good people helping to run the club and it includes members of the Supporters Group. Let us grasp this opportunity of involvement and give it our best shot. Together we can make our Ilkeston great again. 

Will the team be successful this season?
In this transitional season, the main priority is to get the Club into a more financially sustainable position but having said that, although we will be operating on a reduced budget, we should still be looking at a top-half finish.

Last edited by Matchman (01/8/2019 6:38 AM)

01/8/2019 3:30 PM  #2

Re: All set for the season ahead

Well said John

01/8/2019 3:31 PM  #3

I'm so looking forward to the season ahead. Lots twists and turns but then again that a normal Ilkeston season.

01/8/2019 6:36 PM  #4

I think the positives for the season are for me the form of new signings Brandon Ganley and Mitch Robinson and the growing maturity of Reco Fyfe. Jamie Walker will be a key player whatever happens. Off the field the greater involvement of the supporters in the running of the football club is a big plus. My main worries and I do always worry is the lack of a manager with nine days to the start of the season and the lack of depth up front. To solve the attacking issue we must appoint a manager first!
Yes like many previous seasons at the NMG 2019-20 will be a roller coaster ride but hey that's what we expect at Ilkeston Town! So strap in and try to enjoy the ride.
Anyway who would you appoint as the new boss?

01/8/2019 9:19 PM  #5

Lots of interest I guess.

I would like somebody who knows the league and who can work with a little budget.

Any names going around who people might want to manage the rip roaring robins1?

Glenn kirkwood and Craig Hopkins. Ex Matlock and mickleover and  heanor

Dave frecklington. Matlock and Lincoln Utd

Ryan hindley. Hallam and Worksop and rossington main

I've also been told on the grape vine loads of managers want the Ilkeston town job

Board footera